Boiler not firing, no H/W or C/H

Problem located.

its the Sundial Y Diverter.

I took the cover off and had a poke about with the actual mechanism and it appears like it has stuck. with a screwdriver placed on the actual mechanism i am able to give it a little flick and the biler and pump fire up.

Is it possible to change parts or am i looking at a new diverter? ref is Honeywell V4073A

based on your info mate I wouldn't replace that yet,its more likely to be the programmer, its easy to check even without a multimeter,I'd check to see if the programmer clock is working ie does it keep time?

Matt

Sponsored Links
Diverted replaced today but still no change. When the programmer is switched to water and heating constant you can see the diverter mechanism moving but it is not moving far enough. The plumber is back on Saturday with an electrician as he is sure its the wiring.

The programmer dial is moving round correctly.

Anymore ideas before they come back?

If it is not 'moving far enough' then I would suspect something stuck in the valve or the valve is very tight. I would try running it with the actuator off the valve.
Did the engineer check that the valve was free to turn ?

andytw

The springs feel very tight but there is nothing stuck etc.

The little prongs only need to go up about 1mm to make the connection but the springs feel too tight

Sponsored Links
Diverted replaced today but still no change. When the programmer is switched to water and heating constant you can see the diverter mechanism moving but it is not moving far enough. The plumber is back on Saturday with an electrician as he is sure its the wiring.

The programmer dial is moving round correctly.

Anymore ideas before they come back?

yes, it is likely a fault with the progammer or programmer wiring as I said earlier

The valve isn't moving far enough because its not getting a hotwater off supply so only going to mid position
the boiler isn't firing because it's not getting a hotwater on supply
check the links are intact firsty

I'll post a picture of the programmer with its wiring in a few hours when home

your pictures are too small the make out Mate

but you should have connections in L,N, 1,3 and 4
if this was all working previously and nobody has touched the wiring then turn off power and reconnect the cable thats in 3 to 1
then put the programmer back on, power up and select central heating

Matt

Ok the programmer is:
N
L
1-CH on
2-CH off
3-HW on
4-HW off

I have wires in:
N
L

That's all the wires I have in there.

Ok the programmer is:
N
L
1-CH on
2-CH off
3-HW on
4-HW off

I have wires in:
N
L

That's all the wires I have in there.

your plumber is right then you have a cable core missing there should be a connection from 4 to the valve grey/cylinder stat satisfied connection
its doubtful your system has ever worked as it should
for the time being do as I suggested earlier then at least you should have heating and hot water

thanks, i have done that and its working. would you know what cable i need to add?

I have put both cables into terminal 1 and i am getting CH but no HW

try turning the cylinder back stat up if its been messed with

adam it is going to be much easier if you upload some (decent sized photos) of
1 your wiring centre connections
2 your programmer connections

you have a multimeter and folks on here will give you guidance

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back