heating water pump now not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

So my previous problem was the over run pump constantly running, the PCB was to blame and fitting a new one resolved this issue. //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/heating-pump-constantly-on-y-plan-help-needed.314037/page-3

Now the heating pump doesnt work! power is going to the wires, i even checked the wires going into the pump and the correct volts are there. The only thing that has changed is i have a builder fitting my kitchen, the control panel is hanging off the wall but is powered on.

Not sure if he shorted something but power is going through, boiler fires up as normal but the heating pump is not powering on, tested with hot water and central heating, i turned hot water on only earlier and nothing, had to use the immersion for the shower.

So is the pump dead or is there something else I can check for before calling in the experts?

Sponsored Links
Just checked the over pump run terminal and it's still powered on even with the boiler off. Now it's kinda back to my original problem and the pump doesn't work now.

Sponsored Links
So I guess my pump is knackered.

Still doesn't explain why the pump overrun terminal is still showing 240 volts after 12 hours. Maybe my pcb faulty again? I just installed a new one 2 weeks ago

Thought I updated, found out that a ground cable was loose when the program panel was being removed from the wall.

Somehow this made the pump work again And the over run is working too. Strange.

Sometimes it makes me wonder why some people are so reluctant to call a professional !

Sometimes it makes me wonder why some people are so reluctant to call a professional !

I believe if I can fix something safely myself I will do it, this also saves money and I learn the in and outs of the problem.

If it was a big job then I'll call in the pros of course. Thanks to Dan Robinson on here, I managed to fix my boiler problem saving loads money. It was the pcb replacement.

I thought this is why this forum exists? Either way I'm happy now until another problem occurs. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back