low pressure hot water from ultrasteel unvented to shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Something that has literally deveoped overnight. Ultrasteel unvented cylinder set up.

Direct hot feed (literally 1metre) to bar shower mixer has low pressure when turning temp to wamer settings.

Took bar mixer off and turned back on water supply - cold shoots across the cubicle but hot dribbles out of the elbow.

No leaks internally and all other taps in 3 story town house working fine hot or cold.

Hot water for shower is teed off from hot going to upstairs bathroom where hot pressure is fine, only a double check valve after the T, is this the issue?. How easy is it to replace if so?

thanks

Sunil

Sponsored Links
thats what i thought initially but dont think it can be mate,took the shower mixer off turned supply back on and its still dribbling out the HW....

Sponsored Links
As you have taken the shower off its gotta be the double check valve stuck closed, easy enough to replace just turn off the main stopcock drain down and replace.

Thanks all, will pop out to get a new valve tomorrow. Its it just turn off water, drain cylinder by running hot taps, use spanner either side of valve and replace?

Thank you

The filter is usually at the union which you have dissed. They often block.

In your case the NRV is almost certainly jammed.

They can usually be unstuck! Sometimes just by poking if its inline and the second stage stuck. Other times the bits have to be taken apart.

Tony

thanks guys, popped to toolstation this morning and got a new nrv for a few quid, fitted it myself (i am no handyman believe me!) and showering pleasure has been restored

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back