cant get petrol mower to start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn't get my petrol lawnmower to start and have messed with the air and fuel intake screws!!!! Can anyone tell me how to get them back to normal as I have since been told that it probably wouldnt start as I still had the old petrol in it!!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
It is a challenge xtreme slm40c2 came from argos i think, don't really know what carb it is???

one of the screws has a small spring behind it and the other is black (plastic) looking and this presses against a piece of metal from one of the cables (throttle??) :confused:

Sponsored Links
These lot make it

Einhell stock various spare parts & accessories for units that they manufacture. Please have your unit article number and description to hand and e-mail our [email protected] or call us on 0151 649 1500.

Take out the screw with the spring that goes into the carb....if it has a point on it, turn it fully in and then out again 1 turn - this is the slow running or pilot mixture.
Does the carb have a priming bulb, and is the fuel fed to the carb by gravity?
If so, replace the gasket between the carb body and the air filter housing - problems with this prevent fuel priming.
John :)

Moderator Comment Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:49 pm This message will expire on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 pm Comment:
Please note rule 1 (Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome.) - See here for the forum rules.
-
I recommend you try to keep away from squabbles.

And drop that signature

Any reason for this?

Moderator Comment Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:49 pm This message will expire on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 pm Comment:
Please note rule 1 (Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome.) - See here for the forum rules.
-
I recommend you try to keep away from squabbles.

And drop that signature

Any reason for this?
I think they have got it in for you, a few of your posts have been tagged this way. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back