Technical help

• Thread starter phjonesNewideas
  • Start date
P

phjonesNewideas

Is it worth researching into the idea of an independent company doing technical phone/internet enquiries for all plumbing,oil,gas,boilers,water issues.
0845 phone number and advertising would cover the basic annual costs.
Maybe training,inspections and 4 mobile engineers to cover and talk with clients.

Sponsored Links
Is it worth researching into the idea of an independent company doing technical phone/internet enquiries for all plumbing,oil,gas,boilers,water.

It's been done already. You're using it right now. :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 pm Post Subject:
if you pay me £70,000 pa i'll jump on it and make it work!!

AS a self employed person,that is what we can offer BUT you need to know everything.[/quote]

Do you realise how much an 0845 number gives you?

It would need to be an 0946 or similar number !

And who do you imagine will call it at that cost of say 50p/min.

Is it worth researching into the idea of an independent company doing technical phone/internet enquiries for all plumbing,oil,gas,boilers,water issues.
Maybe training,inspections and 4 mobile engineers to cover and talk with clients.

most SE rgi's / plumbers are already doing that :)

For free as well !!!!!!!!

What, you mean like engineers, that you can consult?
A great idea. You could call them Consultant Engineers.
Oh, hang on.....

http://www.acenet.co.uk/

Tried it a few years ago, was a waste of time. I did a website with a haynes manual type of pictorial instruction to see if there was an interest, hoping to cover costs by affiliate marketing. It may work on a site with heavy exsisting traffic like this but you're market is so limited, most with an interest in doing the job themselves will already have a good idea on how it's done.

are ph jones that short of work that having to come on here brainstorming for ideas to increase profit stick to giving bad advice over flue termination
peekay53

One of my customers had a £45 book on repairing combis.

But it had not helped him to repair his boiler.

The problem is that general experience of hydraulics, electronics and combustion are all needed to effectively repair boilers.

Tony

One of my customers had a £45 book on repairing combis.

But it had not helped him to repair his boiler.

The problem is that general experience of hydraulics, electronics and combustion are all needed to effectively repair boilers.

Tony

when ppl say i should have listened to good advice this above id very good advice tony is very knowledgable so remember the cheap fix never is always comes back to haunt you down the line

peekay53

are ph jones that short of work
Probably.
I know of one fairly substantial contract they've just lost and quite frankly, surprised I am not.
Having experience of the RFI of their allegedly RGIs I'm surprised they still have Gas Safe registration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back