CCTV, poor night vision

Then you lose your bet.
Something wrong with an IP box to terminate in? Fit the balun in there?
How about using your head and connecting behind the camera? Done that loads of times, there is room if your good enough.

Anyway had enough now, your moaning about items we overcome day in day out.

PS check the 21quid specs there are a couple of setting you can play with, basic but could help.

Common sense says to leave you to this.........................cya

Sponsored Links
Adjusted some of the other functions yet?
Or do you not think it is worth doing?

Think I have had enough now 4 pages of nothing but complaining , not going with some easy tech advise.

What functions? The 21 quid dome don't have any but the new one will.

Well you were the one that wanted to know and I told you. So no good moaning about it.

Can't do any more untill I get a better camera. If you install CCTV, then my findings should be of some interest to you. Buit then, I bet you don't install on a domestic property, other than millionaires.
I can assure you, your findings are of no interest to anyone. And as for moaning, that's all you've done...whilst ignoring every suggestion you've been given.

Bit that tickles me is you appear surprised the wall has a cavity. :eek:

I can assure you, your findings are of no interest to anyone. And as for moaning, that's all you've done...whilst ignoring every suggestion you've been given.

Thats why you keep coming back for more, ;) and they are of interest to others ,who may have same sort of problems.

Bit that tickles me is you appear surprised the wall has a cavity.
Well better wipe that smile off your face as you are wrong. It's no surprise to me I have a cavity wall it's just a pain, for fiddly wires from a CCTV dome.

Then you lose your bet.
Something wrong with an IP box to terminate in? Fit the balun in there?
How about using your head and connecting behind the camera? Done that loads of times, there is room if your good enough.

Anyway had enough now, your moaning about items we overcome day in day out.

PS check the 21quid specs there are a couple of setting you can play with, basic but could help.

Common sense says to leave you to this.........................cya

Yes I though about a box but looks ugly on the wall. I didn't know about a balun but is something to look into.

Yes but not a lot of room behind the dome. BNC connectors are rather big. Then need to mess about with electrical tape, incase they get wet.

May have to use Trunking if, when I may move it. Still looks ugly though and stands out.

Moaning? that is you and matey boy doing that.

No options on the dome. No switch or menu. it's all on auto by default.

Sponsored Links
No options on the dome. No switch or menu. it's all on auto by default.

From your link
- Electronic Shutter Control: ON/OFF Switch
- Backlight Compensation: ON/OFF Switch

Back fitting the connectors and using..............nah had enough now.

What do we know?

Bye.

Back fitting the connectors and using..............nah had enough now.

What do we know?

Bye.

I know what it says but no switches on the back or anything. I even asked the seller and he avoid giving me an answer. So seems to be standard.

What do you expect from fleabay. :LOL: ;)

Here is a scan in of instructions. Nothing about any manual switches.
Click to make bigger

Just had a quick look for your camera, found this on the Specification page -

Just had a quick look for your camera, found this on the Specification page -

As I have been saying all along.
He has either not looked in the right place or has a different one to what he thinks he has ordered.

Hence giving up. Said it enough times now.

Right well I received that camera today but have not fixed it up yet. It better be good for almost £100.

Here is a photo and you can see the wire is only short, too short, like i said before.

Also where the hell is this switch ment to be? It's not on the cable and nothing about it in the book.

When I get my other dome down, I will show you or you can show me where the switches are then. :)

Also that other webiste I link to is a re seller of cctv direct. Thats what they told me at cctv direct.

just added another vista true dn dome to my collection.

brand new boxed retails around £200 a shot, i paid under £25 for it.

will you do me a favour? find something brown in your house, then point the camera you have just bought at the brown object, id love to know what colour it shows this brown as on your monitor.

I called cctv direct tec support. Even though he got confuse about the verafocal option, I have been told that, this camera does not come with a on screen menu option.

Alarm and his mate did not believe me when i said, my old dome don't have them options. So if a 100 quid dome don't have that option, then a crap 21 quid dome, certainly won't. So much for being in the CCTV trade. :rolleyes:

just added another vista true dn dome to my collection.

brand new boxed retails around £200 a shot, i paid under £25 for it.

will you do me a favour? find something brown in your house, then point the camera you have just bought at the brown object, id love to know what colour it shows this brown as on your monitor.

Lee, not sure if you want to see it a night or day but here is a snap shot of an old brown sofa cushion. See for yourself. Looks ok to me although my camara did go to night vision and got stuck to start with.

Will remove at some point.

colour mode (day)

i was just wondering, having seen my mates by these kinda cameras before, that a brown object looks almost blue on a monitor, yours thankfuly is not dooing that.

if you want more cameras in the future, will you please consider used high end cameras from ebay, or if you keep looking and looking you will get high end pro brand new cameras for bargin prices.

just give me a shout if you need any help.

and are you going to cat 5 with baluns?

also, there is a difference between black and white mode, and true day/night mode.

Item number: 160776359553 ebay take a look at this item ive used the same domes rebadged by videcon/concept pro and had no issues. true day night with 540 lines just be carefull not to scratch the cover.

not a camer but a high end pro dvr 251034253138 dedicated micros dvr, with power supply, these things were around £2000 new

£150 inc postage - ebay bargin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back