HP Photosmart 145 printer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a hp photosmart 145 printer just after xmas and I printed a few photos just showing folks my new toy and until now its sat on my desk unused & unplugged, I tried to print some pics from a MMC card earlier so I plugged it in and turned it on and nothing happened, left it for a few minutes and it slowly fired up, first the power light came on but the screen didn`t, then 2 minutes later the backlight came on but no text appeared. Turned it off and then back on again and the light and screen came onto together but no buttons will respond. I searched the product support on the hp website and I tried the hard reset but it still won`t work

I know it`s still covered by the warranty but i`ve lost the receipt so is it possible to get it repaired somewhere or just replace it?
:(

Sponsored Links
have you tried reinstalling the software (just a thought)

forgot to mention but I use it as a stand-alone printer, I just select the photos I want to print on my camera and then stick the MMC card into the printer and hit print

ah.

how about leave it plugged in for a while, i know its not what you have but some photocopiers need to literally warm up, some will not work if they "detect damp" and also will need to warm up.

(just a thought)

Sponsored Links
hi, I left it on for about an hour and a load of meaningless text kept flashing on the screen randomly and the print carriage kept moving side to side so I turned it off and about a 5 mins later it turned itself back on! so is that a sign of summat failing or failed?

Can you post any messages, error lights that are being shown?

There ain`t no error message, it just displays a load of random dots and the cartridge moves from side to side and the power light flashes red indicating a problem, but as to what the problem is, i`m clueless! Its still under warranty but I can`t find the receipt!

You don't need the receipt as long as you have some form of proof of purchase, cheque number or credit card reference.

I can't find anything re.this type of error. I assume no card is installed?

At least I was honest with the item description & said that it wasn`t working, unlike some dodgy folk on ebay. Check my feedback, just look me up, my ID is iwantosell84

Then I apologise for the comment, but you didn't make it clear in your post. :D

Had this problem with a HP 720c Deskjet, it turned out to be blocked ink heads. If left for a long time unused it heads become blocked with dried ink. In my case replacing the cartridge cured the problem as the jets were integral to the cartridge. However I must point out that this is not the case with all printers of any brand.

Sponsored Links
Back