AAV on Soilstack! Surely Not!

GRZ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've read another post similar to this but I'll spark the topic again.

Floplast have brought out a new "External" air admittance valve! Has anybody used one of these before? Also would anyone know if they met the requirements of the building inspector?

I'm looking at renewing my soil stack for PVCu and was thinking of taking the pipe up the side of the house and cutting short of the roof line and fitting one of these if allowed?

I know some may be thinking if your taking it to the roof line why not put a soil vent on! The soil pipe is recessed by one brick into the house and also has large soffit boards so it would be very difficult to find a good fixing to ensure it would not go anywhere when the winds come howling?!?

Any thoughts or insights would be much appreciated?!?

G

Sponsored Links
AAV's are permitted provided there is an vented stack elsewhere on the property, usually at the head of the drain. Provided the stack is fixed securely to the wall up to the soffit level then solvent welded bends can be used to make the offset. Provided there isn't a ridiculous length of unsecured stack past the bends above the soffit then it shouldn't go far.

• Thanks
Reactions: GRZ
Using an AAV negates the need to take it beyond the soffit or indeed 900mm above any openable window.

We have used an external AAV and they are indeed designed for outdoor use i.e. will not be affected by frost etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: GRZ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back