replacing cast iron bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to replace my existing cast iron bath. It is 1700 x 700 wide, is scribed into the wall as actual measurement is 1640 x 700. I can get it out by breaking it up. As my bathroom is fully tiled my problem is how do I fit a new bath in, once existing bath is removed as I do not wish to take off existing tiles (although I do have some spare tiles should some get damaged) or chase out the wall, any ideas? Additionally I would prefer a good quality P shaped shower bath as a replacement but most of these appear to be 900mm at maximum width. Again any advice as to best quality bath as I have no idea which makes produce good quality or any alternatives options?

Regards
Cono

Sponsored Links
A very good make of baths are BETTE, website below.

http://www.bette.co.uk/

Have a look around their website for different bath shapes and sizes.

I fitted a new Bette bath in my own house last year, very pleased with it.

Andy

I do not wish to take off existing tiles....or chase out the wall

You're going to struggle to get a 1700 bath into a 1640 space without a bit of persuasion.

Andy

Thank you for the recommendation. It is some site with plenty of options, especially the 1600 size.

Regards
Cono

Denso 13

I see on the above site given me by Andy that they do a 1600 bath which is not too far from my existing space, so that is an option for me to consider.

Regards
Cono

Sponsored Links
I see on the above site given me by Andy that they do a 1600 bath which is not too far from my existing space, so that is an option for me to consider

No problem, would make it a simpler installation all round.

Hi Cono!, I wish you luck. Taking the cast iron bath out may prove more difficult than you think. Hitting mine with a sledge hammer in the bathroom had no effect.
Had to drill a series of holes across the base and use chisels as wedges to split it and it was too heavy and awkward to get down stairs in one piece.

Any cast bath falls apart with a sledge unless your a woman,, why does the cast bath have to go, getting harder to find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back