Downstairs Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I'v looked around on google and found that because of part m i cant actualy remove a downstairs toilet, but was wondering if there were any ways around it? The toilet is next to the kitchen and never used, and as it doesnt have a radiator in it or a window that opens (there is a window, but just a frame and glass) it gets very damp and mouldy in the corners, What i would like to do is take the doors off and have it as a utility room for a tumble dryer and washing machine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
We thought that, but what about if we come to sell it? Would the checks cause any problems?

Just cap off the soil pipe, sink drain + tails? Then use as you want to.

Then if the next owner wanted to re-fit a WC all the plumbing is in place (tbh if I were you, if + when you decide to sell the house put a WC and basin back in as it'll add value to your propoerty).

Sponsored Links
Only about 10 or 15% of houses get any kind of survey. I reckon you'd be unlucky to run into problems. peca's suggestion is a sensible one - just leave it in a position that it can be reinstated if you do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back