lee2009

Sponsored Links
no, id never use that much conduit, or have strobes and sirens attached to my wardrobe.

id do however like his weather station.

What is the point in a domestic property?

If you are home alone why would you even need to use the break glass.

With linked heat/smoke detectors you would not even need the break glass. :rolleyes:

Why are BGU`s used then?
Even with smoke/heat/flame detectors?

Sponsored Links
Why are BGU`s used then?

In case the detectors don't work..of course.
In a home with everyone asleep in bed a fire at night will kill everyone anyway if the sensors fail. The BGUs wont be activated by the cinder people coming past on stretchers.

re the video, its clear to see this guy has a love of electronics etc, there or lots of people on youtube with gear like this, especialy with my generation.

id suspect his fire system fully works, and i will not take the mick out of anyone for having such a hobby, as it really is very intersting to some people, some spot trains and aeroplanes, others like electronics.

Why are BGU`s used then?

In case the detectors don't work..of course.
In a home with everyone asleep in bed a fire at night will kill everyone anyway if the sensors fail. The BGUs wont be activated by the cinder people coming past on stretchers.

Wrong.
Another thing you know nothing about.

i will not take the mick out of anyone for having such a hobby

that'll be because you're not like Ass, and you don't spend your time abusing, insulting and belittling people you've never met.

i prefer neater wiring and cable runs, not to shy with lifting the odd floor board either.

use rad conduit for texecom rkp

celing drilled for cable for pir and door contact

hope there aint a reg for using the rad conduit for running alarm cable lol.

sorry about pic quality, the nikon d40 battery is flat

Is that microbore copper tubing for the central heating enclosed in conduit?

There could be an issue if heat melts the alarm cable outer? false alarms?

PVC softens, and ages faster, under heat, but the conductors do not swim through it except under pressure (or certain high-current faults).

I presume the alarm cables are carrying 24v or less, so it is permitted, though not good practice.

It would be preferable to staple the cables so they can't touch the pipes, and to interpose a non-conductive barrier, preferably pipe insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back