Urgent: Gas Cooker Installation Question.

Guy has obviously read a press release about no washer being used on a cooker on a gas explosion and is winding yous up , quite a recent one

Sponsored Links
Guy has obviously read a press release about no washer being used on a cooker on a gas explosion and is winding yous up , quite a recent one

If you're not supposed to use washers on BSP 'joins' then I can't see how the lack of one caused a gas explosion.

Sponsored Links
dont want to STRESS the point on this but you have been told by at least
half dozen gas engineers that fibre washer is not needed on bsp hose so why would you still be harping on about it what gas112 said was you have read about gas explosion and putting 2+2 together you have come up with 5 cannot waste anymore of my life on this ridiculous post it is without doubt a huge wind up
by the way did you ever intend to tell us why original fitter not paid on completion and why you never asked him your questions i bet you do not reply with the answers i asked for here

peekay53

we all make mistakes thats why they put rubbers on pencils(mine was ever getting involved in this ridiculous thread)

you have been told by at least half dozen gas engineers that fibre washer is not needed on bsp hose

Righto. (Mind you, a Gas Engineer must have put the 'incorrect' washer in the old pipe.)

by the way did you ever intend to tell us why original fitter not paid on completion

I have no idea. IME tradesmen set the payment terms, not the customer. Over the last year I've had a ton of work done by a load of people & the majority seem to prefer to be paid direct into their account after the job's done. If you asked me to guess why I'd say it saves them a trip to the bank and carrying a load of cheques around & now transfers are same day the money gets to their account a bit quicker.

why you never asked him your questions

As it says in the OP, I did ask him, I just wanted to check.

Hey Peekay, I thought you wasn't coming back to this thread?

Made you look made you stare made you lose your underwear :p

alright BIG T i only come back on here to chat to you mate had enough of the muppet

peekay53

alright BIG T i only come back on here to chat to you mate had enough of the muppet

peekay53

Posting at 10 am tch tch no work to do!

Combi to combi today, gas run blah blah.

Back to finish commissioning in the morning,, bits and pieces falling off, deffo getting to old for this.

I havnt been called big T in a while, takes me back to my yout, those were the days. :cool:

well big t i was on at 10am work is so quiet never been this bad in years and i mean bad thiught phone had been cutoff its that bad.
Its that bad i would even consider working for the muppet no belay that i would starve before working for ppl like that

peekay53

Are you se or paye

Ditto on custards. Sometimes they lull you in being all nice and normal and then fook you up the arse.

well i agree with agile but think that maybe you should have been asking the question of the person you employed not coming on forum checking him out especially when you mention have not "paid him yet and can also use check a trade as a lever" so you had cooker fitted bargain basement price using check a trade you then asume this tradesman has not done it right.Maybe i am wrong but being a gas fitter myself i know i dont want clients like you .

peekay53

we all make mistakes thats why they put rubbers on pencils

Blooming typical, the guy comes on here with a genuine question, asking for a bit of advice and what does he get? The usual arsey responses from some miserable gas fitters.

OK so what if the guy he got was charging very low rates, why does that bother the gas fitters so much? If the man is corgi/gas safe, its irrelevant how little he charges. Some guys live in competitive areas where they have to charge low rates to get the work. Others charge low'ish rates because they want work to be coming in regular.

Of course some guys are lucky enough to be able to charge high'ish rates, but its all down to your location.

I'm starting my gas safe soon and its arsey responses on threads like this which drives me to get gas safe, and provide a reliable, trustworthy FRIENDLY service to the many thousands of customers out there. I've already had a complaint from one local plumber about my low rates on bathroom installations but i told him to go do one as its bringing me work. Either compete with my rates (charge fair rates to customers) or go and find a new way of conning people out of their hard earned cash.

big t i am s/e have been most of my life but just seems to get worse

and hello ironnaz wind yer neck in he got what he deserved coming on here trying to use us and checka trade to give gas fitter grief you take him for a customer

peekay53

Ignore iron naz, check cc he has form, although these two could be a match made in heaven.

Feel for yah, I have family etc struggling at the mo.

Don't know if its worse up your way, down here it's hit and miss, some are doing ok others not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back