Coucil property

OK, a disability so unable to do it.

How is the planned decking etc to be done then?

The OP will have to pay someone to do it, so the OP can will also have to pay someone to clear the garden space.

End of.

Landlords lending tools - never heard anything as stupid!

Sponsored Links

The OP will have to pay someone to do it, so the OP can will also have to pay someone to clear the garden space.

End of.

Plenty of landlords leave a few garden tools in the shed when they let their property or a mower not that uncommon, maybe not in council properties I grant you but private not so uncommon.

I know plenty of landlords who have left a few tools and mowers for their tenants to use as have I. Clearly the rest of you are either scumlords or know sweet feck all! ;)

Sponsored Links
We are talking about proper landlords with a few thousand properties, not some one off pretend-landlord with an "investment portfolio" of an extra house on a buy to let mortgage

As I said, no major landlord will provide tools and is not obligated to either. Some bloke with his buy to let, may leave a lawnmower and rusty shears in the shed.

Nah you're changing the goalposts there matey, squirming away the lot of you watch the sour grapes appear! :mrgreen:

Normally it is for the tenant to keep it in the condition it was in when the tenancy began. They are obliged to provide you with the tools with which to maintain it though if you do not possess them.

The goalposts seem pretty clear to me my squirmy friend :cool:

End of.

Plenty of landlords leave a few garden tools in the shed when they let their property or a mower not that uncommon, maybe not in council properties I grant you but private not so uncommon.
I leave a lawn mower, a edge trimmer, a brush and a rake. :cool:

We are talking about proper landlords with a few thousand properties, not some one off pretend-landlord with an "investment portfolio" of an extra house on a buy to let mortgage

As I said, no major landlord will provide tools and is not obligated to either. Some bloke with his buy to let, may leave a lawnmower and rusty shears in the shed.

I am a small landlord.
I provide the tools so the tenants have no excuses not to maintain the gardens.
I also include this in the tenancy agreement,

That sounds like a caring landlord ... "I give you this stuff, so now you have no excuse at all"

So presumably you have done a disability assessment or suchlike to establish if your tenant's can actually use the items that you have provided as part of the agreement, and have or will provide training where necessary or other items if more suitable for their needs?

And you presumably also regularly maintain the tools, and service and replace as required?

And all this is recorded properly?

That sounds like a caring landlord ... "I give you this stuff, so now you have no excuse at all"

So presumably you have done a disability assessment or suchlike to establish if your tenant's can actually use the items that you have provided as part of the agreement, and have or will provide training where necessary or other items if more suitable for their needs?

And you presumably also regularly maintain the tools, and service and replace as required?

And all this is recorded properly?

No,
I tend to ask them if they have any issues,
Ie disabilities or some for of injury.

Once they have normally moved it, I like to pay them a visit and show them how to opertate the stuff.

If the tools break down, I will get them fixed and 6 months I inspect the stuff, Power cords and blades.

If they cant do it, I normally ask them to pay a resonable fee, to have a gardner come around and do it.

and No I am not qualified to do a proper assesment, but I do my best for my tenants.

I am a small time landlord and leave basic tools but no power tools such as a lawnmover, it's just one more thing to break that would need replacing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back