Urgent: Gas Cooker Installation Question.

My mum is better at DIY than that, what a shambles.

That's an insult to DIY

If you took money off of someone for that work you should be charged for fraud and impersonating a tradesman.

You're a joker

Sponsored Links
What you rightly or wrongly believe you are getting from Check-a-trade and the ilk is not the vetted and "checked" tradesman.

I don't think anyone's under any illusions about that. As far as I was concerned all a decent C-a-T rating meant was that they treated people's houses with respect and turned up when they said they would.

I've always thought the firms got a bit of a harsh deal out of it but the firms we hired all seemed very busy - lead times of 6-8 weeks from all except a roofer who could do the job within 4 weeks.

Yes, busy doing rubbish jobs for naff all money. smiling through gritted teeth.

Companies like Check-a-trade are nothing but sharks.

The fact that you came here checking what he had done, and threatening to bash him over the head with Check-a-trade says it all.

Surely it is better to have a relationship with a regular gas safe engineer - like the one who comes every year to service the boiler?

are we still talking about NOBO and his cooker hose , Check a trade = Dial a **** of a customer , Rock on IronNaz Can you come around my place when I loose the plot and do a boiler change or some gas work , which will save me going to Switzerland and we can have some Cheerios for breakfast :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The fact that you came here checking what he had done, and threatening to bash him over the head with Check-a-trade says it all.

Yup, but the fact I knew I'd have a lever to get him back to sort out any mistakes was one reason why he got the job.

Surely it is better to have a relationship with a regular gas safe engineer - like the one who comes every year to service the boiler?

Of course. Not everyone has that, though. I didn't. The only Gas engineer I've had dealings with moved to Scotland. Meanwhile I've moved too.

Of course. Not everyone has that, though. I didn't. The only Gas engineer I've had dealings with moved to Scotland. Meanwhile I've moved too.[/quote]

That's extreme, I've gone to some lengths to avoid dodgy customers, like not answering the phone, but moving to Scotland? :p

That's extreme, I've gone to some lengths to avoid dodgy customers, like not answering the phone, but moving to Scotland? :p

I worked as his labourer when he/we replaced my central heating. I'm surprised he only went as far as Scotland. :)

Yup, but the fact I knew I'd have a lever to get him back to sort out any mistakes was one reason why he got the job.

And that is a good attitude to have :?:

Good or bad, he must think it's good for his business, and it gave me some peace of mind.

Anyway, I asked why check a trade is bad. Now I know.

but you will still use them wont you.
dan we should just save our breath and leave him to the mercy of our dear friend ironnaz.
fook me bigt you will go anywhere for a ruck wont you.

peekay53

we all make mistakes mine was not ignoring this thread

Well...not anywhere, i avoid mum and toddler groups as my shins and ears tend to get a good bashing :LOL:

Anything else is fair game ;)

IronNaz";p="2444586 said:
Right people :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He is a clueless Cu.nt, end of, I'd like to see the centre where he passes if he is real, tw@ :rolleyes:

how rude of you. I'm not studying at a test center but at a local college, full time starting later in the

Not nearly as offensive as your standard of work will be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back