internal speaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the internal speaker on my securit 700l alarm now only emits a faint noise on the chime function ,i have done an auto test and when the speaker was activated there was only a very faint noise ,does this indicate a failed speaker or is there away of adjusting the volume. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
or you can do the following;

get into engineer mode,
remove main panel cover, (the white box with battery and cabling in it)
remove the internal speaker (unplug it)
fit a new external speaker
and connect it tot he speaker terminal on the PCB
easy as that really

and its cheap as well

and while you are at it fit a new battery in the box (depending on when the last one was changed that is, over 4 / 5 years it needs a new one)

the external speaker should be 16 ohm and they are cheap as well

Oasis

as long as you are happy with your system, and thats the only fault, why upgrade!!

Sponsored Links
well i sit corrected, as i am not standing!!!

its a hell of a long time since i fitted an alarm that uses LED`s to indicate an alarm condition! and ahell of a long time since i have fitted C and K stuff as well (sorry Honeywell now).

but the thought is still the same, dis off the internal, fit an external!

is the speaker solderd to the PCB via flying leads or is it wired via terminal strip to the board then!

(cannot be bothered to Google it!) just for reference sake that is!

Oasis
over 28 years doing fire and security, but still learning every day something new!!!

Oasis your correct in your fix. As I am, I feel in just replacing the whole system for little cost.
Why argue over an obsolete system?
I see a few doing this, for what reason I know not unless they are using the private messaging system for work.
Something I nor, I doubt you need to do.

Ian
i agree with you as well, but as you and i (and others here) some people just do not have the ability to be able to chnage the system out, (well thats why they are here!).
we would generallychange the system out for a newer panel (usually a Galaxy, as its our prefered panel).
yes the texacom range is good, but we dont support it, (to many panels out there = more spares we have to keep in stock/van/service dept)

so yep, both of our ides as valid, always depends on the client in the end.

as we all know most clients / some clients will opt for the cheapest fix, and some will just allow us to specify what we would do in that case.

a new panel, change the detectors, external siren unit = a new system with years of life.
older system, still i9n good working order, not many (if any) false alarms, keep it going, that is always a question that we cannot answer, its all down to what the client wants.

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back