Worcester 28CDI difference between heat exchangers

GRZ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anyone explain the difference between the gas to water heat exchanger and the water to water heat exchanger?

The boiler type is a Worcester 28CDI

Many thanks in advance,

G

Sponsored Links
A two minute search on the web can explain that.

Thought I'd cut through the jargon and get the explanation directly of experienced gas engineers whilst sparking knowledgable conversation.

If your dont know the answer Nickso no reply would suffice.

Gas to water only has system water in it ie the water in your radiators. Water to water has the system water heated my the gas to water exchanger on one side and the cold mains water on the other side. System water passes its heat to the cold water and hot water comes out other end.

• Thanks
Reactions: GRZ
Sponsored Links
No you thought you would be your characteristically lazy **** self and not bother looking, then when someone suggests the obvious you thought you would call them a ****.

What makes you think if someone had decided to spell it out for your lazy arse it wouldn't be full of "jargon"?

Thankyou 1983, much appreciated.

Nickso FYI, I did try the quick google search as this tends to be quicker than logging in, creating a post then waiting for replys of kind people like 1983. But this hadn't shown up the quick answer and thankfully someone answered my question in 3 sentences.

I can only assume that you see a forum as a method to "try" and belittle people and gain some type of one-upmenship!!?! I see it as a way to share knowledge with fellow tradesmen. But that's me and thats you.

Not one to judge but 5899 posts and 190 thanks is a extradanarily poor ratio. This suggest to me that you may actually be the A**e in this conversation.

Yours sincerely,
G

Actually I am probably one of the more helpful on here and my first post was trying to steer you onto the answer. Your reply was full of **** and and sarky....hence mine. All you had to say was I have searched and still not sure.

Thanks ratio means nothing to me and the ones that have a high ratio on here are generally arselickers like Glazier that don't have the balls or the knowledge to tell it like it is. As a matter of fact though roughly two thirds of my posts were made before the thanks button was in place......probably not such a bad ratio after all. :mrgreen:

Feck, I'm getting out of here before there's a fight. ;)

Lol, Glazier has obviously hit the right nerve at some point aswell then. You mention Glazier "doesn't have the balls or the knowledge to say it like it is." ha, what do you think this place is? One to be discrete (but shouting from the rooftops) THIS IS A DIY FORUM!

You have also showed that you have a complete lack of knowledge wrt Worcester heat exchangers. Don't be angry though. I don't either, that's why I'm here. We can both say that we've learnt something new today. Everydays a schoolday.

You mention that the thanking function didn't come into place until you had posted about 2/3's. So if what you say to be true it would roughly mean you had 190 thanks from 1966.3recurring. This means only 9.66% of your post result in a thankyou. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and round this upto 10%. I'm not sure about you but if I held the door open for ten people and only got one thankyou I wouldn't be boasting and giving myself knowingly chuffed smileys :)

You seem to be happy with it which is cute and that's all that matters.

Peace and love,
G

this forum is going to be fun, the reason you can't find any info is you are using the wrong words, it should be, main heat exchanger (not gas to water) & plate heat exchanger, but 1983 is correct in the way it works

• Thanks
Reactions: GRZ
Lets agree that we don't like each others style then. :LOL:

Stick around for a while to see how Glazier makes an arse of the forum on a daily basis.

P.s. I know lots about WB H/E's.....changed enough of them.

P.P.S :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back