Painting MDF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for some advice on painting MDF im planning to build an arcade cabinet but unsure on the paint etc to use to get a really nice finish. Ive read loads of tips etc but most relate to us paints etc. I plan to use foam roller and a primer Zinsser BIN, i then want a good black finish abd was thinking a metal paint like rustoleum combicolor will that work well? Or should i just get a standard satin gloss wood paint? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance[/b]

Sponsored Links
Personally i'd go for a genuine MDF primer, rubbed down with wet and dry paper, followed by a couple of coats of quality paint, again rubbed down first.
I've had excellent results with International paints, but Rustoleum is top quality too....I'm just not sure about its application here.
John :)

Cruising down the singles aisles of Homebase - as you do :p I came across International facia paint in black.....and by heck its good.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Is that not for pvc? Ive found some international furniture and cupboard paint that might just be what i need . Says its for melamine and mdf

Is simulated mohair short pile the same thing?

Im probably going with dulux trade diamond eggshell now which is water based. Btw will mohair remove the problem of orange peel effect? Is a short pile mohair roller ok for water based paint?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back