Ideal Icos m30 80 showing demand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is showing a central heating demand when thermostat is turned down, but the burner was off. Any clues as to why this happens appreciated.

Sponsored Links
By thermostat I presume you mean the room stat?not the boiler stat? if the programmer is calling for heating then regardless of what the room stat setting is the boiler will be waiting for a call from room stat so it could easily be showing that heating is on but it won't fire up until room stat says it's cold enough to fire up.

Sponsored Links
By thermostat I presume you mean the room stat?not the boiler stat? if the programmer is calling for heating then regardless of what the room stat setting is the boiler will be waiting for a call from room stat so it could easily be showing that heating is on but it won't fire up until room stat says it's cold enough to fire up.
Yes, room stat.
When I use hot water the "c" on the display goes off while "d" is displayed. Then when water off "c" comes back, "d" goes.

It seems your boiler thinks its a combi then!

Of course a combi can also be used with a hot water cylinder!

Has somebody, perhaps a DIYer, replaced the boiler PCB ?

How many pipes go into the boiler underneath?

Tony

Something is wrong here!

How many temperature control knobs are on your boiler? Do you have on for the heating and one for the hot water?

Sorry, it is a combi. Has now died completely. Only 11 days till the service contract is out of it's 28 day preconditions clause.....

Sorry, the m3080 icos is NOT a combi. Come back with the correct details to save any more confusion. You have said you have a cylinder, so you may also have a motorised valve or two near the cylinder.

as 45 says it's not a combi it is heat only but it can be open vented or sealed

Engineer came yesterday. Turned the pump over but it stuck again. Also said the diverted valve wasn't right either. It has been overheating. Having taken the cover off to look at the exchange there was a small amount of rusty water in a lipped area. Hole in hex or a bit of condensation unknown.
Insurance has deemed it BER.
Any recommendations on what to do next appreciated.
We are in a very hard water area. We have a cartridge to help reduce scale. I am told ths helps little. The hex was replaced 4 years ago.
Is putting in a water softener going to improve the life expectancy of a combi boiler? These combi boilers seemed doomed from the start or have I missed the point somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back