Country
United Kingdom
Yep I have one of these monsters.

It wont fire up and shows an error code L9

Help needed.

Tia

Taz

Sponsored Links
Ok, just fired up for about 20 seconds and steam started to come out, just below the dry fire thermistor kit.

Pressure looks fine.

Can't feel if the pump is turning.

Sponsored Links
probably your pump thats knackered then!

I have been told to put a small screwdriver in to the pump to see if the impellor(?) moves freely and it may(miracles can happen)free it up.

Is this correct and if so how/where do you place the screwdriver?

There are 2 types of pump on an ideal isar.
one has a brass screw on the front which you can take out then insert a flat screwdriver into the hole and check the rotation of the pump.
The other type has a black plastic cover that you can unscrew and check the rotation of the pump.
Obviously you need the boiler to be calling for heat, you will soon know if the pump is running.

Ok, looks like a new pump is needed(as you suggested)

Million $ question........how easy are they to replace?

Can you/anyone advise on the correct procedure please.

Ok.........I will try another question.

I have now removed the pump.

Can I test the pump by wiring it up without bolting it back onto the boiler. Can I fire the boiler up for a few seconds to see if the pump rotates etc.?

Best to power the pump from a mains socket with a 3A fuse.

Saves damaging your boiler any more!

Why not read what to do it the site FAQ? Then you can do the finger test!

Tony

taz123";p="2616207 said:
Ok, just fired up for about 20 seconds and steam started to come out, just below the dry fire thermistor kit.

are you sure the last part of this sentence is correct

engineerman";p="2617809 said:

are you sure the last part of this sentence is correct

The steam came out from joint/bolt where the heat engine meets the burner kit.

Sorry if the terminology isn't quite right I am using the Ideal parts diagram to identify the parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back