Concealed shower point-thread too short

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
ive recently bought a new shower and the shower hose outlet is concealed in the wall.
However, the thread is only 40mm long, and with 12mm aqua board on and then tile, it only leaves enough room to get the securing nut on, let alone a fitting.
Can anyone suggest a way of extending the thread?
Ive uploaded a picture to show the problem
Cheers
Karl

Sponsored Links
You don't need the backnut, If the fitting in the wall is a back plate female elbow you should only need to screw it in with seal tape on threads.

Thanks for that, the problem being the arm has a cover plate, and my concern would be that i tighten it up and it ends being on the pee when its tight?
Plus i dont want to scratch the front face of the tiles when turning it round to secure if that makes sence?

Your picture hasn't loaded right...

If you really need an extension a plumbers merchant will have "tap extenders" - male-female in 1/2" or 3/4".
But you don't usually.

db_image.image

Sponsored Links
I can see the picture in my post,its in my albums if you wouldnt mind having a look,i'd appreciate it
I dont think that tap extenders thread is long enough-from the backplate to end of the thread is only 40mm

Can see it now.

on the pee when its tight
like an outside tap - standard problem.
You just need the right technique with the sealing tape.
Loctite 55 (string stuff) is best.

[/quote]
You just need the right technique with the sealing tape.
Loctite 55 (string stuff) is best.[/quote]

what is the best technique? and dont say get a plumber in :D

I also think part of the problem is the specs say 40mm exposed past back plate,when in fact there is only 32mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back