Both Mira Showers leaking internally after new heads fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 Mira Sport electric showers and fitted Ecocamel Jetstorm showerheads to both on Christmas Eve.

Noticed water dripping from water outlet on Thursday so fitted new washers and ptfe tape for good measure - however, water still dripped from the base of the unit.

Opened it up to see water dripping down the front of the unit.
[picture 2 actually caught a drip running down the on/off switch]

It drips continuously down the on/off switch, so told my wife to use the one in the main bathroom instead.
That was on Friday. Sunday morning comes along and the other one is now doing the exact same!!

Is it sheer coincidence that both have gone the same way withing 2 weeks of changing over to the Ecocamels? I don't exactly have good water pressure - hence trying out the new showerheads in the 1st place.

Are my shower units serviceable.
Both appear to be leaking from exactly the same place [circled in picture1] and water runs down the back of the large black unit in the centre straight over the on/off switch.

Any advice appreciated

Homer

Sponsored Links
Get rid of the after market shower heads and fit the one designed for this shower.
You've restricted the water flow to much and blown the seal in the flow valve.
If it's leaking from the white arm spindle then it's a new flow valve approx £35.

Not so lucky white heather!!
Looks like both my showers are pre-2006 which means I have to buy 3 components - neon assembly-switching assembly-and the flow assembly ...... £59

2006 onwards only needs the flow assembly ....... grrrrrr ........ £36

Homer

Sponsored Links
The previous corrospondents are correct. Fitting a Non Mira showerhead to a Mira shower can cause serious performance issues such as the back pressure which caused the damage to your Mira Sport. Mira stocks a complete range of Spares & Accessories which are available to purchase either on line at www.mira.showers.com or by ringing our Customer Service Team on 0844 5715000.

Mira also offers an all inclusive Fixed Price Service on the Mira Sport which currently costs £159 inc VAT.

Thanks for the replies.

Got the parts from onlineplumbingspares - 3 piece kit for £95.02 [2 x £47.51] arrived an hour ago.
Reasonably good instructions - will also take photos with my phone to 'remember' where all the terminals go!!

Flow assembly each had 3 O rings in box - yet I can only see 2 that are needed. Wasn't counting on having a spare?

Will get the job started tomorrow.

Regards

Homer

Fitted the new switch and flow assembly to one of the showers - restored the water and turned it back on with cold only to start with.

However. it stays cold when increasing the settings through low/medium/high and increasing the temperature dial :(

What have I likely to have got wrong?

Homer

Test the tco on top of the heat can for continuity with a multi meter.
Make sure the power is isolated first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back