Accenta g3 help to program program2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
ive had my alarm fitter back to extend my house alarm to cover my new "man cave" He talked me into having a dual tech sensor as wwell as the door contacts. As the zone was previously a chime circuit this is now not possible and has been switched off. Is there a simple way to stop the sensor working so I can switch the chime back on.

Hes not very reliable so I dont want to get him back to disconect it. I was wondering if i could maybe cover the lens with tape or something.

many thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that you now have door contacts and a DT on the same circuit? Very bad practice, should be separated. How would you know if an activation on that circuit was one of the doors or the DT? Then you could get your chime back.

Yes that's what he has done. He added the contacts and dual tech to the zone already covering the outhouse and then turned off the chime but I want the chime on in case someone tries to get in through the day.

Yes that's what he has done. He added the contacts and dual tech to the zone already covering the outhouse and then turned off the chime but I want the chime on in case someone tries to get in through the day.
Oh dear, sounds like, 'don't listen to the customer, & a bit of, I'll do it my (the easy) way'.

As mentioned each item , especially in your situation, needs to be on its own circuit.

I don't really know what to suggest, well I do, but it's not the right way to do it, so I'm not going to.

Is the cable run back to the panel such a problem?

I suggest he comes back and does the work that was requested, after all, you know what you want, it's getting him to do it.

I suspect there could be a way, but, he obviously can't 'think out of the box'.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Had he listened to me he would have had less work for the same money. Now he won't be coming back. Can I just go to the point where he joined into the cable and remove the wires to the dual tech or would I need to go into the box ??

As Europlex says there are ways to do this, but definitely not ideal, Complete Security Services in Frodsham may be worth a go to sort this.

*CLANG!*

I think you just dropped a name there :LOL:

OP, what make is the panel? Are all the zones on the panel currently used?

Zone 7 (the one in question) has
Out house door contact
3 door contact on man cave
Dual tech in man cave

Sounds a bit complicated. Lol
Can I set the system so I can arm zone 7 and leave everything else unarmed, then full set at night. ??

You can with some reprogramming, but you'll have to unset the part set to then re arm as a full set.

Ideally you wan't to be looking at a system which has two areas so you can leave the outbuilding armed most of the time, and just arm the house when you go out or part set it at night time.

You could also then use this as an oppourtunity to put each detector on to it's own zone as it ought to be.

Would I (with the manual) be able to program it so program 2 will just set the sheds and leave the house unset whilst leaving program 1 to arm everything ??

Thanks for your help ;)

You'll need the engineers code to make alterations to the programming like that. Unfortunately I'm not all that clued up on accenta systems, so can't offer you too much guidance on how to do it.

Hopefully someone on here will know the programming and be able to help you a little more.

Thanks pal
I've got the code and the instructions but there not easy to follow. Hopefully I can get an idiots guide to do it. Step by step.

Once again thanks for your help so far

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back