Now that analogue tv has gone...

L

longdogs

.. Does that mean that every time we get a bit of snow, Sky goes off? It's been off all day here. Tried resetting, tried Sky website but their help services are not available, (probably due to the weather) Progress eh? :evil:

Sponsored Links
If you have a weak satellite signal then yes it does....it will lose signal in the snow. We have bad snow and our sky tv is working fine.

However, freeview would still be available! so might be worth swapping that old analogue aerial to a DTV aerial and keeping a coax cable connected to the TV for times like these.

Snow and wind also affects cable tv and internet .
Virgin media .
Consider though-- that when weather is bad - LOTS more people stay indoors and use internet etc and it overloads the service..
Despite what internet providers say they do- impose restrictions on 'loading times' as and when it suits them .
It's business-and money.

However, freeview would still be available! so might be worth swapping that old analogue aerial to a DTV aerial
Probably not even necessary, I have not found a TV aerial which needed altering in order to pick up Digital TV including my small indoor one

Sponsored Links
How can anyone live for a day without Sky TV?

FFS. :rolleyes:

With the amount if drivel thats on the vast array of channels we have, its quite easy to live for a day without it. If only there was a truly customisable package where you could only have the channels you really want.

I must say I have got it and watch tv a couple of hours a evening and with the carp being on it probably only watch about 10% of its output

got rid of sky,to much money for to much 5hite.
now just watch the free channels and have a coax for freeview.
went back to bt,and just download films etc i want to watch.

The only reason I keep my Virgin is to be able to watch all the motorbike racing, although they show Moto gp on BBC now and it's far better coverage thanks mainly to Steve Parish, top bloke, Virgin get James Whitham to cover WSBK and BSB, he is also a top bloke.

Sky came back on a couple of hours ago and we were able to watch all the usual rubbish :LOL:

It's more the fact that you can't get what you pay for because of the weather and there's no real help from Sky.

Agreed, thinking of cancelling our (basic) subscription. Now we can get iplayer/itv player/on demand/netflix etc through the smart tv I don't think there is any need for it anymore...

We've just come back from our daughter's flat where repeats of Star Trek were playing virtually non-stop. :eek: :eek: :eek: They have Freeview but rarely watch it and I was a bit surprised to discover that they didn't have any kind of hard disc recorder. Their solution is to wait until the live broadcast has been and gone then watch it on the internet. Is this the future of TV? :?: :?: :?:

We've just come back from our daughter's flat where repeats of Star Trek were playing virtually non-stop. :eek: :eek: :eek: They have Freeview but rarely watch it and I was a bit surprised to discover that they didn't have any kind of hard disc recorder. Their solution is to wait until the live broadcast has been and gone then watch it on the internet. Is this the future of TV? :?: :?: :?:

Probably not until the entire country is fibre enabled, but as this would be uneconomically viable in many areas, and no government has the concept of subsidised national service, I guess this is not going to happen. It's not even mandatory for new builds to be fibre "ready" despite costing practically nothing at the time of build.

Sponsored Links
Back