People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain why is there people on this site so determined to test people rather than give good advise ..

It's because they believe you should actually know what you are doing rather than 'installing by numbers'.

Answer this, please.

Electricity is dangerous. Why do you think you should (be allowed to) fiddle with it with no knowledge?
Would you do it if there weren't numerous devices which disconnect the supply before you can kill yourself or someone else?

Who has said have no experience of electrics do i have to be a fully qualified sparkes up to date with current regs to ask ..... someone has just asked advise not calculations not theories advise on a size and yes I got some ....to asked a group of qualified engineers a question ,,,, does one have to get a wallet out ??

Sponsored Links
Lol asking a cable size to thousands of electricians and not getting a answer from some of them says it all for me and thanks to the ones who showed there capabilities and in a descent manner
YOU

MUST

LEARN

HOW

TO

DO

THE

DESIGN

CALCULATIONS

YOURSELF

AND

WORK

OUT

WHAT

SIZE

CABLE

YOU

NEED

YOURSELF.

To do engineering be it mechanical or electrical one needs an understanding of maths. To attempt to do it without maths is likely to cause danger.

Some figures can be got out of books. But we have moved on and we have left the fuse and gone to MCB where the magnetic part needs a set amount of current to work.

Unless one can work out the loop impedance you can't ensure the MCB will trip.

Maths is an integral part of electrics.

It isn't really rocket science though, just plug the figures into one of those calculators (such as the one BAS linked to) and hit the button! It gives you the basics for volt drop but as ericmark says, you need to verify EFLI is within spec.

Sponsored Links
Who has said have no experience of electrics
I don't know what experience you have, but it's plain that you do not have enough, or the right sort, or you would not have had to ask the question.

do i have to be a fully qualified sparkes up to date with current regs to ask
No, not to ask.

But you do have to be just as competent as a fully qualified electrician to do.

ban-all-sheds";p="2717944 said:
That's why he's here, to ask.
And he was answered.

In a way which helps him acquire the knowledge he must acquire, not in a way which encourages him to fiddle with things he doesn't actually understand.[/

If I wanted to know how to work it out I would have asked ... I asked competent electricians on a DIY site there opinion ... Not to carry out the work for me physically or take responsibility .... If some one asks you what type of light to put in a bathroom would you say look it up in a book ..

I rest my case

Ashley2001";p="2717958 said:
That's why he's here, to ask.
And he was answered.

In a way which helps him acquire the knowledge he must acquire, not in a way which encourages him to fiddle with things he doesn't actually understand.[/

If I wanted to know how to work it out I would have asked ... I asked competent electricians on a DIY site there opinion ... Not to carry out the work for me physically or take responsibility .... If some one asks you what type of light to put in a bathroom would you say look it up in a book ..

I rest my case

Also your replied should have been ........to my knowledge this size cable would be sufficient.... if you knew that is ????????? but I advise you have a fully qualified sparkes carry out the work for you ....

Hope you will communicate better with other people that ask

If I wanted to know how to work it out I would have asked
You still don't get it, do you.

You HAVE TO WORK IT OUT.

If some one asks you what type of light to put in a bathroom would you say look it up in a book ..
No - I'd point them at the rules and regulations governing what can go where in a bathroom, so that they become competent to make the choice THEMSELVES.

I rest my case
I think it's probably time you went away now - your fundamental attitude to skills and knowledge is incompatible with DIY electrical work.

Also your replied should have been ........to my knowledge this size cable would be sufficient.... if you knew that is ????????? but I advise you have a fully qualified sparkes carry out the work for you ....
But there's no reason why you shouldn't do it yourself.

As long as you acquire the ability to do it properly.

ban-all-sheds";p="2717971 said:
If I wanted to know how to work it out I would have asked
You still don't get it, do you.

You HAVE TO WORK IT OUT.

If some one asks you what type of light to put in a bathroom would you say look it up in a book ..
No - I'd point them at the rules and regulations governing what can go where in a bathroom, so that they become competent to make the choice THEMSELVES.

I rest my case[/quote
I think it's probably time you went away now - your fundamental attitude to skills and knowledge is incompatible with DIY electrical work.

As I said you only quote books not facts ...a sign of some who takes no responsibility ......... U don't have a understanding of a basic question

The reason keeps getting stated by the op himself

DO IT YOURSELF

You are being given the tools to work it out for yourself. Think about it!

If I wanted to know how to work it out I would have asked ...

Well excuse us for not only feeding you a two click solution to get your answer, but the ability to get an immediate answer if you change the variables (load, voltage, distance, etc). I guess putting numbers in a box is too much work and learning.

I'd say look through a damn catalogue for yourself and find one you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back