People

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said you only quote books not facts ...a sign of some who takes no responsibility ......... U don't have a understanding of a basic question
You are not grasping what people are telling you about the need for you to actually understand what you are doing.

Either you are too stupid to understand what they are telling you, or you are too lazy to want to bother.

Whichever it is I was wrong earlier - it's not probably time you went away.

It's definitely time you did.

Sponsored Links
As I said you only quote books not facts ...a sign of some who takes no responsibility ......... U don't have a understanding of a basic question
You are not grasping what people are telling you about the need for you to actually understand what you are doing.

Either you are too stupid to understand what they are telling you, or you are too lazy to want to bother.

The only person who is stupid is you I'm afraid .... As quoted I everyone knows what has to be worked out but you still can't grasp the question I asked ... If people ask questions and you can't give answers butt out

The only person who is stupid is you I'm afraid .... As quoted I everyone knows what has to be worked out but you still can't grasp the question I asked ... If people ask questions and you can't give answers butt out
You cannot write things like that and retain any credibility.

Stop digging.

Are u a teacher trying to teach people ... Do we have to learn your way .... Try working something out instead telling someone and quoting sites that's the easy part ...as said before some one like you who knows all should give a answer straight away ..... O. Pops sorry I got you all wrong my fault lol

Sponsored Links
As quoted I everyone knows what has to be worked out but you still can't grasp the question I asked
Are you talking about this question?

I'm wanting to run a new 32amp supply to an outhouse 43metres from consumer unit and having done armoured before hope to do myself but I am unsure of the size of armoured cable which will be part clipped and buried

It will be supplying a board with 1x16amp for sockets 1x16 for a heater and 1x 6amp circuit for five spot lights 50watt each all rcd protected from the consumer unit

Any help with the size of cable required would be much appreciated and my logic so far
Of course I understood it.

You're unsure of the size of cable you need (fair enough), and you want help with sizing it (fair enough).

But you didn't mean it. You wanted someone else to do for you what you MUST be capable of doing yourself, i.e. design the circuits properly. Not fair enough.

You wanted to be given an answer which would allow yo to carry on fiddling with your electrics without actually understanding what you're doing. Not fair enough.

If people ask questions and you can't give answers butt out
I did answer it.

Unfortunately though it was not the answer you wanted to get because you are either too thick or too lazy to cope with it.

You cannot write things like that and retain any credibility.

Stop digging.

I'm really sorry but yours went with your reply and your comments of people's ability and scathed around answers ....... what are you going to do now to fill your days

Are u a teacher trying to teach people ... Do we have to learn your way ....
You have to learn some way.
Why not go away, work out what is needed and then design the installation. Then come back and present the workings for assessment.

Why not go away, work out what is needed and then design the installation. Then come back and present the workings for assessment.

O my god you really are a nerd stuck to an Internet site to try cheat credibility

You want me to work it out now so you can receive a answer for assessment and say yes that's it ...well done .... You know nothing and you try cheat an answer ... I've been truthfull .

If you want to learn, get a copy of electrical testing procedures and a copy of the latest electrical regs on site guide. Will cost you the equivalent of 2 hours labour if you were to get a spark in.

But, also fully understand, you do your own wiring at your own risk. Due to the nature of my earthing system (TT) I have 2 30mA rcds meaning any mistakes made wiring would have resulted in a nasty jolt... Start fiddling in your consumer unit without a mains isolator and you will probably kill yourself if you make a mistake, or worse, someone else.

It took me 6 months of reading up and working from minor jobs up before I was capable of the more challenging stuff, then I had to hire the test equipment to check it all. I only managed this as I wasnt living in the property at the time...

Even then, I paid for submain work and having the cu moved. 25mm swa is an absolute B@tch to work! I wasn't confident doing this so paid for the work to be done. I have subsequently added a few circuits (tut tut tut) and modified most others, at "own risk". I also made some changes to the system design (added a 100ma RCd to the annexe submain, the 30ma wouldn't have been able to discriminate against the 30ma in the annexe, so changed it for a 100ma one, plus a 60 amp fuse to protect the 16mm submain)

Don't be tempted to fiddle if you can't subsequently competently test your work.

Don't work live, no matter how competent you get (or feel!)

Don't cut costs on materials. Err on the side of caution, even if it costs a few more bob. Get yourself a decent multimeter, learn how to use it competently (including testing it before you use it to prove circuits are dead) and decent insulated screwdriver set. Get a decent voltage detector. One of those screwdrivers with ability in bulb doesn't cut it.

If it gets too much, admit defeat and get a professional in. Household mains wiring is not about giving it a go, closing the isolator and hoping it all works.

I have learned a lot from this forum when people have told me that I am wrong. OK, sometimes it is a matter of opinion, sometimes emphasis and sometimes empathy, but generally the efforts of contributors have developed my understanding and abilities and I am grateful for their efforts.

O my god you really are a nerd stuck to an Internet site to try cheat credibility

You want me to work it out now so you can receive a answer for assessment and say yes that's it ...well done .... You know nothing and you try cheat an answer ... I've been truthfull .

Apologise Bernard I thought that a comment from some bloke who hated sheds

I'll gladly do that

I was trying to figure out why you started this thread and as I started to read it I realised that you were just after some light entertainment, hoping to provoke a reaction.
The two quotes above sum up this entire thread for me; setting aside the question of your competence to do electrical work for a minute, you're simply laying out verbal traps for people and hope they step into them.
The fact that you belatedly realised that Bernard (in your mind; a "good guy") was the author of the original response rather than BAS (in your mind, not a "good guy") meant that you have retracted your reply to him - why would you have a 100% polar opposite response to a single statement, because you thought it was written by someone else.

In this thread, you are just trolling for reaction and are best ignored.

I have learned a lot from this forum when people have told me that I am wrong.

There's many ways of learning. Sadly on internet forums, many people take deep joy in telling someone that they're wrong and it can add 10 pages to a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back