split load consumer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What fuses go on which circuit. I have upstairs lights, downstairs lights, upstairs sockets, downstairs sockets, Cooker, Alarm, garage, Shower, Utility room and immersion heater. I would like to know which circuit each of these go on in a split load consumer unit.

Sponsored Links
They should all be on their own circuits.

Why are you asking this? What do you really want to know? What are you thinking of doing?

RCD Protected

Downstairs Sockets - 32A (if ringmain - 20A if radial)
Upstairs Sockets - 32A (as Above)
Shower 32A / 40A (depends on rating / RCD recommended)
Garage Supply (depends on what cable used)
Cooker 32A (depends on rating / RCD if socket combined)

NON RCD Protected

Immersion - 20A
Alarm - 6A (fuse spur usually connected to downrate again to 3A)
Upstairs Lights - 6A
Downstairs Lights - 6A

Utility Room - What have you got in there....sockets....ring or radial...

Are you replacing the board yourself.......if so...dont.....if you asking this question you aint competant (no offence)

Sponsored Links
Not nit-picking, but some alarm panel manufacturers recommend a 2A fuse.

I never used to fit 2A, until a pcb from a well-known manufacturer went up in smoke. When they asked what mains fuse I had fitted , I said 3A.

Ha ha they said, it should be two. And I ended up funding a replacement pcb myself.

a 3 amp fuse is fine, what you have to consider is what fuse is in the fuse holder in the panel. (i do mean on the primary side of the transformer, but inside the panel)

Breezer

trying not to be picky, but here is extract from installation manual of ADE Accenta:

"Use a 2A fuse in the spur or at the distribution board."

Can you get 2A BS1362 fuses? Or 2A fusewire? Or 2A cartridge fuses for distribution boards? Or 2A MCBs?

but not many people install ade panels because not many engineers can understand them (particularly the karizma) i wonder why?

ADE happen to be in the NW at least, the most popular panel I come across. Apart from the Karisma which is long brown bread.

il78 said:
.....if so...dont.....if you asking this question you aint competant (no offence)

So when split loads came out first, when time served electricians asked for info leaflet - in the time between asking for it and when it arrived, did they become incompetent?

I don't see why a request for the latest techincal information renders one incompetent. It is a very competent thing to ask for the latest information, rather than blunder on in ignorance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back