Washing Machines ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boring question maybe, but we are going to be buying a WM soon having lived in rented accommodation so want to get something good but not too expensive.
If I say £350 - £450 as a rough price what sort of machines should we be looking at and WHY ?
There are 4 of us, so one wash a day, but while currently our 7k machine is big enough, the clothes come out too wet compared to a Miele that costs £1100 or so.
No fancy washing programs needed, but a quick wash would be nice, as would low water and power consumption - looks are not an issue.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If I could design my own machine it would probably have 2 or 3 programmes max plus individual spin and rinse progs and spin speed of 1600 rpm - nothing else!

Having owned various machines over the past 40 yrs, experience shows that dozens of programmes are just too gimicky and we have always had clean clothes from just using our few chosen progs.

So much 'badge engineering' these days that it's hard to recommend particular manufacturers but worth considering the repair/spares availability if looking at the cheaper makes.

Gorenje, at the moment you can have a 7kg washer with a 5 year parts and labour warranty for less than £300, the WA749 washes pretty well and isn't too noisy either, wash times can be as little as 17 minutes and its pretty simple to use too.[/b]

Never heard of Gorenje so better go take a look !

From what you say wsts it seems to tick the main boxes for me !

EDIT - a quick question wsts - which machine was it you were talking about, as there doesn't seem to be a 749..?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back