Two new toilets upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a year with no toilet upstairs we decided we had enough of it :D so here we go .

Floor lifted and new pipe installed

Pipes connected to the loft where the boiler is .

While doing a bathroom we thought it would be a good idea to build the wardrobe and the toilet at the same time using a combination of metal studs /wood and plasterboard.

Partition wall for toilet

Shelving

Hardieback on the floor and toilet positioned but not yet connected.

Door installed

I hope to start the finishing touches over the weekend and hopefully fit the sliding door on the wardrobe . I will post more pictures on Toilet one once is updated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have done more progress over the weekend so here are the pictures.

Toilet/wardrobe 1 is now ready for plastering after cutting and sorting the angle beads

Toilet 2

Door is now in place and all plasterboard fitted.
I was just finishing and my wife immediately dumped all my daughter stuff onto the shelves before managing to take a picture LOL

Here is my sink which is 500 x250 . Initially I was looking for a vanity unit but than I changed my mind after I saw some prices :D
I have created a structure out of metal studs which is pretty solid. I think I will do something rather similar in toilet 1 where the sink will be on the wardrobe wall.

I have added two shelves and I will fit a mirror between them.

Thank you for looking.

I have done some more progress but unfortunately not as fast as I wanted.
I am running a second project which involves doing the channeling for a full rewire.
Managed to do only the wardrobe and hopefully bathroom will follow soon.

Plastered and sanded

Ready for paint

Painted and waiting for the sliding doors + lights

Finally I managed to almost finish the toilet to our bedroom.
I still need to do some touch ups on paint and grout.
In the end I found a cheap vanity unit and then built all the unit next to it to hide the pipes. Quite useful for storage too.
I got marble on the floor which was about £120 sqm at B&Q but they had some broken boxes which I bought for £15 :)
I cut the broken bits and I ended up with a very nice floor which actually looks even better in reality than in photos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back