Tiling onto...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! Hope you can help.

I'm in the middle of replacing my bathroom and I've now got to the tiling stage which is the only part I'm new too. I have a mix of surfaces in the room and I'd like to be sure of exactly what I need to do with them before tiling.

There's plasterboard, walls with fresh skim (multifinish) old painted walls, and aqua panel. The shower and bath are aqua panel/fresh skim and paint.

Is there a product that I can do the lot with?

I've done lots of googling but it's information overload for me!

Oh and I'm using 10 x 20 cm brick pattern ceramic tiles, not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Plasterboard - as long as its not in a wet area, its a good surface
Paint - not so great at all, check its really stuck well (gaffa tape then tear it off) if it is scratch it as much as poss, then tile
aqua panel - great surface
Fresh skim - fine.

Prime all the above, apart from the paint with an acrylic bonding agent. Then tile using a good quality ready mixed adhesive. Look at BAL, granfix or other good trade adhesives. stay away from the diy sheds....Bostik showerproof in the green bucket is a favorite of our trade customers.

Ready mixed is ideal for the size of tile you have.

It's around 2 weeks old but I'm not going to get around to tiling it for 4-5 weeks yet.

Thanks to both for the help.

Sponsored Links
fair point, i should have asked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back