Internal coupler for soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Am repositioning a toilet/s and need to remove an existing branch to replace with a double branch. Problem is all joints are solvent and I can't get access lower down the stack to replace what is below. I can cut straight through as shown on the sketch, but I then need a coupler with a male end to insert into the stack pipe? Does such a thing exist? All the couplers I can find seem to be based upon coupling the outside of the soil pipe (so female)...
View media item 63460Any help/guidance appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you want to cut the pipe above the solvent socket and then insert something into what is currently the spigot joint of the junction. Is that the case?

If so, to the best of my knowledge there is no spigot fitting that will fit INSIDE a spigot.
Is there enough of the junction spigot to enable you to cut higher and then solvent a socket onto that?

Iddy, thanks looks like it might work. Would be happier if there was something specifically for the job but as you say can;t see why it wouldn't work...

Charnwood, yeah nearly, I need to cut just above/on the solvent socket, but this means that the section of pipe that is currently 'solvented' into that socket will remain in place. Therefore I need a connection that will spigot into the inside of the 110 pipe.

Sponsored Links
I need a connection that will spigot into the inside of the 110 pipe.
Good luck finding that. ;)

You could use a Fernco coupler:
fernco.jpg

Iddy and Charnwood, thankyou both very much.
I'll go with the drain connector as it fits inside the pipe so in theory no chance of a leak.

Cheers
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back