Buzzing from solar panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neighbour two houses down has 12 panels, there's an occasional buzzing that is loud enough to be heard when Im in my garden.

Any ideas what it is, so I can drop a note round telling him what may be the problem.

They are 80+ yo and he has prostrate cancer, so the reason for some fault ideas is for a simple callout and fix via his maintainer. Ta.

Sponsored Links
I think they may be better just asking the installer to come back because the neighbours are complaining about a noise & they wonder if there is a safety issue, you could telephone on their behalf if they are a bit infirm but approachable.

Sponsored Links
I think they may be better just asking the installer to come back because the neighbours are complaining about a noise & they wonder if there is a safety issue, you could telephone on their behalf if they are a bit infirm but approachable.
I'm sure that's the best course. Given the paucity of information, any suggestions about cause which anyone here offered would be highly speculative, and hence of very little value.

Kind Regards, John

No one's trying to make a joke. The organ is called the prostate, not the prostrate, which means something else.
I agree that it was not, and was not intended as, a joke. However, since I'm sure that everyone reading it knew what was meant, I'm inclined to agree that it was an inappropriate and rather insensitive context in which to start giving vocabulary/spelling lessons - even though what he wrote was obviously correct.

Kind Regards, John

However, since I'm sure that everyone reading it knew what was meant, I'm inclined to agree that it was an inappropriate and rather insensitive context in which to start giving vocabulary/spelling lessons - even though what he wrote was obviously correct.
It was a factual correction, and in the context of the post was neither inappropriate (we should all strive to be correct) nor insensitive.

Unless you believe that it is never, under any circumstances, possible for anybody to correct the term "prostrate cancer".

However, since I'm sure that everyone reading it knew what was meant, I'm inclined to agree that it was an inappropriate and rather insensitive context in which to start giving vocabulary/spelling lessons - even though what he wrote was obviously correct.
It was a factual correction, and in the context of the post was neither inappropriate (we should all strive to be correct) nor insensitive.

Unless you believe that it is never, under any circumstances, possible for anybody to correct the term "prostrate cancer".

heeelllooo ban hows it going

as you know i will back you when others don't understand your " ways"

i think the issue is theres a time and place for formality and accuracy when indeed it will be possibly helpful
there are also times when social skills come into play to recognize its not the best place to make comment on mistakes and best to avoid any comments that detract from the problem in hand
i fully accept your comments where correct and meant to be helpful
but in this instance may detract from the main issue off needing help

FFS.

A 1 word post.

Don't be such a f*****g idiot.

if those comments are aimed at me i will let others judge if my comments where unhelpful to the situation
i never ever try to be unhelpful or negative
i always try to smooth things as helpful threads and general discussion can be ruined by misunderstanding

For once I feel sorry for BAS...
You do? If someone told you that their husband/ father/ son/ friend/ whatever was dying from 'prostrate cancer', do you really think it would be ideal if your first response was to tell them that they were using the incorrect word?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back