tradingdepot.co.uk terrible service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a shower valve that wasn't fit for purpose from the trading depot.co.uk. When trying to return it they told me over the email they would take it all the way and i was wasting my time trying to return it to them. About 6 letters later from me and trading standards which they haven't replied to any of them it is clear the owner is a keyboard gangster and very unprofessional. This has now gone to the small claims court. They may have some good prices but if you've anything wrong with anything you receive from them you'll have a fight on your hands hoping you eventually give up.

you've been warned!

cheers

Sponsored Links
Well you should have gone to a decent and proper Builders Merchant/Plumbing supplies depot - but it would have cost a few quid more
you buy cheap from the tinternet and that is the rsik you run! :rolleyes:

If the valve is over £100 and you paid on your credit card, you can ask the card co/bank for a refund.

Sponsored Links
If you purchased it over the Internet then you have the right to return it to the seller under the Distance Selling Regulations within a certain time period. Returning items that are not fit for purpose is dealt with by separate legislation.

Mutley56

The DSRs only apply as long as you haven't installed the said item of course.

Mutley56

It was in plain English. But for anyone else (doubtful) who did not understand it I will re-word it for you.

In what way was the shower not fit for purpose?

I was trying to establish what, in the OPs case, not fit for purpose. I thought that came over in my original post.

Perhaps a little more water with it?

It was in plain English. But for anyone else (doubtful) who did not understand it I will re-word it for you.

In what way was the shower not fit for purpose?

I was trying to establish what, in the OPs case, not fit for purpose. I thought that came over in my original post.

Perhaps a little more water with it?

:oops:

There seems to be some misunderstanding here. When you asked "How "not fit for purpose"?, because it was under my post, I thought you were asking me the question, ie. how did it qualify for a section 75 card refund as being not fit for purpose.

You were actually asking the OP the question. I thought it odd to get the raised eyes emoticon after I had supplied more info about how it would qualify for a refund, in my link. :LOL: :LOL:

Apologies for diving in due to a complete misunderstanding. Yes, more water! ;)

No problem.
I put not fit for purpose in quotation marks, I hoped the truncated question would be clear.

Getting lazy in my old age or it's because time is short.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back