Evicting tenants

Tooluk wrote
you need both a possession order and a bailiff order to legally evict a tenant.

That might be true but wasn't what happened in this case. The squatters who hadn't paid any rent for 6 months but had been receiving the full amount from the social were turfed out without any police or baliff help.

OOh and btw... they lost the court case. :LOL:

If you count police time on this and the court procedings the tax payer was probably stung for a few grand.

Sponsored Links
My one tip is to use a letting agency find and vet the tenants, they will also set up the bank details and deposit, by using a six month contract, if at the end you want them out it's more straight forward as the contract has terminated, the fees the letting agent receives can be off set by your accountant, my usual ploy is after six months put them on a rolling contract, I ask them if they could give me two months notice although one month is the legal requirement.

I think you are getting mixed up. A 6 month short hold tenancy becomes a statutory periodic after the 6 months is up and the tenancy isn't renewed, your agreement then depends on how you pay the rent, weekly or monthly. If you pay weekly then your agreement is automatically renewed weekly and so on. A section 21 notice legally require 2 months notice form the end of your agreement. So if you are on a monthly agreement you have to wait until the month is up to issue the section 21. Say they moved in on the 1st of the month, you have to date the section 21 from the 1st of the next month and their 2 months notice starts from there.

The deposit scheme is a legal requirement for all landlords if they take a deposit.

Tooluk wrote
you need both a possession order and a bailiff order to legally evict a tenant.

That might be true but wasn't what happened in this case. The squatters who hadn't paid any rent for 6 months but had been receiving the full amount from the social were turfed out without any police or baliff help.

OOh and btw... they lost the court case. :LOL:

If you count police time on this and the court procedings the tax payer was probably stung for a few grand.

I don't believe it happened the way you say.

Touch wood, using the letting agent to find my tenants I've had no problems, the only fly in the ointment was a S.African family who left things in a disgusting state, but I got money off them to make good before they got their deposit back, they are obviously used to being waited on hand and foot, also what annoyed me was the fact that he was some sort of born again religous freak holier than thou, the other tenants have included aniethitist, pilots and Air Bus employees etc. the last tenants in a house on the outskirts of Bristol has bought it of me, he got his deposit back in full. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Here is another tip. If the tenancy is a AST-- MAKE SURE YOU SERVE A SECTION 21 AT THE START'or just after OF THE TENANCY.
By doing so- at the end of tenancy -if the tenants have messed you about and not paid etc- you can start eviction proceedings straight away--without the hold up of issueing the section 21 then.

You MUST however do it the proper way- and as usual-- you MUST get ALL the dates ect absoultely spot-on.

www.landlordzone.co.uk

Any good letting agent should be doing that now.

Personally I do NOT use letting agents . I class them in the same league as used car salesmen, plumbers ( ;) ) and others of that 'ilk'.

But- if you cant/ dont want to handle the dirty side of letting-- they are a option-- at a cost though.

Join Landlordzone -- you will get all the facts there .

The cost you get back in tax relief you mean?

Why have a dog and bark yourself?

The cost you get back in tax relief you mean?

Why have a dog and bark yourself?

Because the dogs that YOU pay- only have a bark--'a Mild one at that'.

I have a BITE . that is the difference.

We each have our own choices .

It's not about tax relief at all. That is insignificant and is peanuts.
It is about protecting MY 'Multi thousand pound ££properties.

I SAY WHO goes into MY properties- NOT a junior trainee estate agent who is wet behind the ears and knows sod all about judging/assessing a potential tenant.
I like to look a potential tenant in the eyes .I look 'real deep' behind the eyes too.
I have had 15 years of dealing with tenants and have only had to deal with 3 unsavoury b u m holes .
Yes- I have been fooled occaisionally- BUT- in all honesty- not a single one of them has got away with trying it on with me .

I have a few pals who rent out properties - and they would never again trust a estate agent/ letting agent (same thing) near their properties again.

Pred-- you really need to get off this 'tax relief thing'.
How old are you ? why do you want to make more money than you can spend ?.
What is life all about ?
I really am not trying to be nasty or personal at all.

I am just at a age when a little bit of 'interest' wont make the slightest difference to my life at all'.

C'mon bud - How Old are you ?

How's the eviction going? :mrgreen:

The property below near me was rented out to foreigners and they stopped paying rent so the owner having a quarry near by drove up one of his big bulldozers and levelled it leaving just the gable standing. :LOL:

yiuc.png

How's the eviction going? :mrgreen:

The property below near me was rented out to foreigners and they stopped paying rent so the owner having a quarry near by drove up one of his big bulldozers and levelled it leaving just the gable standing. :LOL:

I do hope Johnny Foreigner was in at the time. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I got them out in the end,
My sister joined the residential landlords association who are based in Manchester and they gave me all the legal info, all long winded.
I called to the property and caught him at home had a one to one and told him straight 7 days later they had left. Loads of damage looked like a bomb had gone off.
He thinks he's walked away from a £3k debt but I'm in no hurry and I know where he's gone.

also what annoyed me was the fact that he was some sort of born again religous freak holier than thou, the other tenants have included an aniethitist, :
So you went from a Believer to a Non Believer :mrgreen:

I am just at a age when a little bit of 'interest' wont make the slightest difference to my life at all'.

C'mon bud - How Old are you ?

How old are you?

You should be just at a (sic) age when you shouldn't need to boast to everyone (read "drone on incessantly") about how much money you have.

This, coupled with questions about his age suggest you are at the opposite end of the age scale to that you suggest.

Sponsored Links
Back