22mm or 28mm direct from the meter.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,Im thinking of installing a worchester bosch 42cdi in my kitchen on the extended side of my house.From the meter under the stairs to the position on the wall in the kitchen there is about a 2 to 2 half meter length.My question is whether the connecting pipe is ok at 22mm or should be 28mm as this would be quite a short run for the gas.
Any help would be much appriciated!

Sponsored Links
You need to register and post this in the combustion chamber you will not receive a reply in an open forum

I assume you are an rgi and not a diyer

Ok,will do thanks!
Im just keen for the information before I get an installer,fitter to get a quote.cheers!

Sponsored Links
Your gas reg. installer will be able to calculate the size of gas pipe required.

Why did you want to know yourself?

Tony

Hi,just for my own curiosity I want to make sure whoever I get to install it knows what they are doing and also so the boiler works perfect.
Thats it!

It needs to be seen as depends on number of elbows!

Why don't you want to trust your installer?

All you need is to ensure the pressure loss is less than 1 mbar. You can ask him to demonstrate that to you but he can only do that if he has a digital manometer!

I like my customers to trust me!

Tony

It needs to be seen as depends on number of elbows!

Why don't you want to trust your installer?

All you need is to ensure the pressure loss is less than 1 mbar. You can ask him to demonstrate that to you but he can only do that if he has a digital manometer!

I like my customers to trust me!

Tony

Not actually the case, your installer could demonstrate this to you using a water filled u guage he doesnt need a digital one , and the normal way to test is using the boilers gas valve inlet pressure test point which the manufacturer states very clearly in the installation instructions that there shouldnt be more than a 2.5 mbar differential, personaly if you started asking me questions like that before I started the job then I d just walk awayl

Gentlemen,thanks for your replys and information,as I said this is not a trust issue with regards the installer its me knowing for my own piece of mind,I don't think there should be a problem with a customer knowing something about the job that he is asking to be done.
I have the upmost respect for your profession,but it does not help if when you ask a question some of your colleges are prepared to walk away from the job,why???

Quite simply because when I give a quote it is to install the said appliance legally and to all current regulations and dont expect to be questioned on my professional ability by my customer

I am always very happy to explain everything to my customers and to demonstrate pressures and other aspects of the operating.

A digital manometer is needed in order to measure to an accuracy of 0.1 mbar

Tony

Hi,just for my own curiosity I want to make sure whoever I get to install it knows what they are doing and also so the boiler works perfect.
Thats it!

:rolleyes:
Sadly, that's a legitimate concern for prospective customers to have. What else can you expect when there are so many cowboys riding about?

Exactly.

I reckon most people, if they have employed many tradesmen have had bad experiences with the quality of work sooner or later.And if they haven;t then they will have heard about problems their friends/family have had. Even a personal recommendation is no guarantee, as a friend who had some work done recently found out.

So for me, like the OP says, researching and understanding what a job is going to entail is one of the ways of making sure that the job is done in the right way. It's not impugning anyone's professionalism, just a way of protecting yourself.

For the OP, it's easy enough to find out the necessary info on the net anyway. The boiler installation manual will have the boilers requirements. The pipe sizing procedure is documented in various places

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back