upvc door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could someone please tell me how i can fix my upvc door its jammed shut and will not unlock, how do i get it open to repair.

Sponsored Links
Is the handle working up & down okay or the key won't unlock ?

Sponsored Links
i had the same problem,only my door was two year old,it is a milla locking system,but as the door was not bought by me but from a firm that went bust,i lost the gaurantee.will cost about £70,the way the door had been fitted it caused wear and something crumbled.

as with most of these doors you should be able to get at the hinge pins
tap these upwards and the pins should come out, you can then remove
the door from the hinge side

I lost my key to the patio door and called out a locksmith which cost £70.00. All he did was drill out the lock and removed the affending article which can then be replaced with another lock purchased at nay DIY store. Much cheaper than £70.00

williams1 said:
as with most of these doors you should be able to get at the hinge pins
tap these upwards and the pins should come out, you can then remove
the door from the hinge side

Use great care when using this method.

When the main lock is engaged on some of these doors, bolts are also thown into the top/bottom rail of the door frame. Severe damage can result, requireing complete replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back