Fatness

I would be the right weight for my size if I was 8ft 7

Bodge I know you're a fat b*stard ;) Top bloke .....BUT.... I didn't want to upset anyone, just wanted to discuss the outcome in terms of the kids.

I am not really fat.... just on the heavy side and have always been the same...never stopped me playing football or other sports but I never won the first place in the sprint.. but my wife is slim and my kids are slim ( normal I suppose) ...... in my younger years I have tried every eating plan while excercising a lot but could not shed the heaviness .. now I live with it but do eat healthy and my weight has not gone up or down.. years ago it bothered mw but I am just happy with myself and accept that is the way I am... my wife said she needs me like this as she likes real men and not those skinny 32waist skinny flookers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and apparently most women like real men not the skinny type that is why they all ask for my phone number :D :D ...... so to you skinny (normal) people,,,,,,,,,, LOOSERS

Sponsored Links
I have always been able to cram my head with whatever I want (though I try not to), and don't put any weight on.
I'm 6ft, male, 26yo, 76kg, which gives me a BMI of 21.5 bang in the middle of bob-on.
- Over Christmas, and in fact in life in general, I eat what I want when I want.
- For the last 6 months I have been seconded to Delhi with work and as a result done a fraction of my normal exercise.
- My mother and father are also very similar in the above respects.

I would not rule out that there may be some genetics at play in terms of my natural shape and metabolic rate, however, I also am sure that a massive amount of is it down to environment and my up bringing.
- If I have a HUGE amount of Christmas sweets/chocos, it takes me a month or more to clear it, having a bit here and there. I just done like gorging on it in a few days.
- If I'm eating something rich, I either do not eat a lot, or reach for a piece of bread to eat it with. I was always told things like meat pies where expensive and needing eating with bread, and out of habit and affiliation, now don't like eating it straight.
- I don't eat really any microwave meals, and have about two fast food meals a year tops. Instead opting to cook my own bangers and mash (lots of mash, two smallish sausages, and a decent brand at that) or if I'm on the go a pasty or even just bread and cheese.

Weight myself yesterday and I was 76.1kg, at the end of a three day spell of delhi belly I got down to 75.5kg, and dont expect I will move out of that range all year, unless I get seriously back into xc biking, inwhich case I might put on half a kilo as leg muscle.

This might all fall apart in later life, so im trying not to be too smug, but equally the number of times I see people, friends, colleagues etc, eating things that I just wouldn't amazes me.

Daniel

Best to be lardy these days then you can turn the heating down.

Besides were always moaned at for not doing this not doing that, then the f'ing1 temerity were living too long, make ur minds up.

Besides were always moaned at for not doing this not doing that, then the f'ing1 temerity were living too long, make ur minds up.

lardy???? how v unattractive!.. :(

ps, get rid of the beer belly before summer!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
5'-9" 11st 3lb BMI 23.1

Only exercise is working, walking and not sitting on my backside watching that box thing in the corner. Oh, and good clean country air now that I am out of the city.

Fat parents bring up fat kids.
Absolutely not having a pop at fat people, but it's now becoming the norm.
That can't be right, surely.

The fat children I see walking along the road are always with fat parents. It has to be a learnt behaviour. The children don't deserve it.

It can't be right.

Well I have to disagree with you there, if you saw my kids and then saw me you would think differently.

My kids are 9, 8 and 2 and all of them are thin, the older ones perhaps being too thin (if there is such a thing) but me and the missus struggle with our weight.

I am 5 foot 6 and weigh 14.5 stone and the missus is about the same height and a stone lighter.

We both eat very moderately and 95% of what we eat we cook from scratch. We have occasional takeaways and the odd oven pizza to fit in with our busy schedules.

The kids walk to school (1mile per day) play football, go swimming, play rugby, do cross country running and bounce around on our trampoline and still find time to play on the PS3 from time time. At weekends when their not doing this stuff I will take them for a walk too or a cycle ride.

They eat what we eat and are allowed to graze the fruit bowl without asking, if they want crisps etc. they must ask first so that we can check what they've eaten before allowing them this stuff and they can only have sweets after eating fruit.

I have no worries that they will get fat as they are so active, even when their not doing anything thy're bouncing around the house playing pirates, karate, space aliens or Harry (bloody) Potter.

I on the other hand am walking 3-4 miles during my lunch break, starting a running programe and intend cycling 20 miles each weekend to try and shift a bit.

Conversely we have some large friends who's three kids are also large but do almost as much as my kids do!!

What's normal nowadays, its so difficult to tell, they use so much stuff we don't know about in food to make it all grow quickly, think back to the kids you and I were at school with in the 70's & 80's how many where adult sized at 13/14 compared to nowadays??

I find it best not to judge on appearance only!!

my wife said she needs me like this as she likes real men and not those skinny 32waist skinny flookers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and apparently most women like real men not the skinny type that is why they all ask for my phone number :D :D ...... so to you skinny (normal) people,,,,,,,,,, LOOSERS
Women like to see broad shoulders and a small waist. It means a man can "access" that lovin space more easily.

A pear shape has to be the most unappealing human form there is.

Some 34" waist troosers hang of me where others fit ok with a belt. Ho hum.
I'm 12.5st and a hair under 6' and am trying to get down to 12st.

lardy???? how v unattractive!.. :(

ps, get rid of the beer belly before summer!!!!!!!!

I meant warm and cuddly.

my wife said she needs me like this as she likes real men and not those skinny 32waist skinny flookers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and apparently most women like real men not the skinny type that is why they all ask for my phone number :D :D ...... so to you skinny (normal) people,,,,,,,,,, LOOSERS
Women like to see broad shoulders and a small waist. It means a man can "access" that lovin space more easily.

A pear shape has to be the most unappealing human form there is.

Some 34" waist troosers hang of me where others fit ok with a belt. Ho hum.
I'm 12.5st and a hair under 6' and am trying to get down to 12st.

Sorry nosey but you appear not to have what women want...you appear to on the skinny to medium side which like pear shaped men is off putting to women... me broad shoulders and all man from top to bottom and plenty of meat is what women require.... speaking from experience :D :D :D :D

think back to the kids you and I were at school with in the 70's & 80's how many where adult sized at 13/14 compared to nowadays??

I can see what you're saying but, NO.

In school in the 70's we had the odd few fat kids. These days it's not the case. Loads.

Fat parenting, that's what it comes down to.

There's a lot more junk food around nowadays.
X box and play station also has a lot to answer for.

There's a lot more junk food around nowadays.
X box and play station also has a lot to answer for.

Yeah, you're right. But tell me when you have ever seen a fat balloon of a child with two slim parents.

Never will be the answer.

Sponsored Links
Back