tradingdepot.co.uk terrible service

Just a quick note to anyone finding this thread with a view from the other side.

I bought a shower valve that wasn't fit for purpose from the trading depot.co.uk. When trying to return it they told me over the email they would take it all the way and i was wasting my time trying to return it to them.

Threats of Trading Standards are extremely rare for us so I have a very good idea which case this relates to.

If I am right the crux of the matter was that the manufacturer disagreed that the unit was ever intended to be fitted in the way the OP wanted to install it. The unit itself was not damaged or faulty in any way and was in fact fully functional.

We have a clear and open Returns policy on our site and if goods are ever supplied faulty or supplied incorrectly we always take them back or arrange replacements. In cases where goods are installed we will arrange for the manufacturer to replace or repair the product in situ. We also allow 7 working days to let us know if you simply change your mind and want to send back a product.

I can't say things always run 100% smoothly all of the time. There will always be things that go wrong from time to time but we always do our best to resolve cases as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Take a look at our reviews and make your own mind up: http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.tradingdepot.co.uk

kind regards

Phil Stears
Web Marketing Manager
Trading Depot UK Ltd

Sponsored Links
Well done you for posting the "suppliers" side of the story!! things become much clearer! it is interesting that the originator never came back to post responses,

Much appreciated! ;)

So he waited longer than 7 days to call you to say he wanted to return it?

Yes the customer was well outside the 7 working days.
We normally can be a little flexible with this timescale. If it had been 8 or 9 days for example I'm sure we would have taken it back.
(Note it is 7 WORKING days too so effectively at least 9 days in total that only start once you have received the goods.)

We offered to repair or replace the item - he didn't want to know. We never claimed it could be fitted in the way he wanted to do it, nor did the manufacturer in any of their literature.

It was just the wrong product for his needs.

Our original exchange is here:
http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.tradingdepot.co.uk/51c852b500006400024c31d5

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of a custard I got at the moment ,they brought this

To replace this as A direct replacement for this

A friend tried fitting it but couldn't do it, so they phoned me.
I said I wouldn't even bother trying and to buy a valve that is suitable.
But they don't want to as they already spent out for that valve and can't return it :rolleyes:

Don't you just love customers :LOL:

Chris Callaway said:
The design is poor as it doesnt allow you to plaster board up to the valve in the normal way and then tile, there is only enough space to tile. I feel the valve is a poor design and not fit for purpose.
There are dozens of exposed showers exactly the same design. What was he trying to do that made this valve unfit for purpose?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back