Vauxahall Vivaro 52 plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, use one of these for electrical work, got 200k on the clock, no real problems except normal wear and tear. New turbo 3 years ago. Anyway, lately been loosing power and the orange glow plug light comes on. Dip clutch, turn ignition off and on, lift clutch and away it goes for either lots of miles or a few hundred feet and same again. Power goes, light on. I'm thinking of electrical fault as ok for little bit when switched off and on. Hate to spend any money on it as high mileage beast. Is it best to put on a diagnostic and hope its just a sensor or is this a common known fault. If its ECU then is it time to say goodbye. Thanks for responding to any who do.

Sponsored Links
A quick diagnostic could be a good move, but my guess is the usual diesel engine issue these days - namely the EGR valve is filthy and sticking.
John :)

Thanks burner man, been Googling and lots say mass airflow sensor. So its worth pooping it in the garage, as it doesn't sound too bad. Is the MAF sensor easy to get at, as I noticed I have lots of leave debris under the bonnet so may have sucked a bit of poo into the sensor.

Sponsored Links
No problem with accessing that one - its located in the end of the tube from the air cleaner to throttle body.
I hope it sorts things......these vans do seem to have loads of reliability issues when they are getting on a bit.
John :)

Back