Franke Zurich Tap - Lets out water after turned off...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've got one of these taps in my kitchen:

http://www.frankeonline.co.uk/zurich-325-p.asp

I love the look and the feel. The problem I'm having though is that after turning the tap off, about an egg cup to half a tumbler's water comes out. Sometimes it happens instantly. Sometimes a little while later. Sometimes water comes out when you move the spout - even though the tap has not been used for a while. And sometimes it does not happen at all and all is fine.

I've been in touch with Franke. They've been very helpful and so far have sent out 2 replacement spouts. But both have had the same problem.

I wondered whether anyone here knows for sure whether it sounds like the spout is definitely the problem? Or else what else might it be?

Any thought or help much appreciated.

Cheers

Max

Sponsored Links
Hi all

I've got one of these taps in my kitchen:

http://www.frankeonline.co.uk/zurich-325-p.asp

I love the look and the feel. The problem I'm having though is that after turning the tap off, about an egg cup to half a tumbler's water comes out. Sometimes it happens instantly. Sometimes a little while later. Sometimes water comes out when you move the spout - even though the tap has not been used for a while. And sometimes it does not happen at all and all is fine.

I've been in touch with Franke. They've been very helpful and so far have sent out 2 replacement spouts. But both have had the same problem.

I wondered whether anyone here knows for sure whether it sounds like the spout is definitely the problem? Or else what else might it be?

Any thought or help much appreciated.

Cheers

Max

Just curious if you ever resolved this issue.

I was about to purchase one of these and noticed a similar problem noted on some user reviews.

Regards,

Benny.

Kind of.....!

Let me say first of all that their customer support was excellent! They just kept sending replacements out (the spout that is, not the whole thing). I think it was either number 4 or 5 which was the good one. It was a lot better than the others but not perfect. It does let out water but only very occasionally. Although not perfect I can live with that....

Seeing as the thread has been bumped, it would still be interesting to hear whether this is a commonp roblem with all taps (and if so why) or whether it was solely an issue with these Frankes.

Cheers

Is it not just a small amount of water that remains in the spout under vacuum after tap turned off?

Then after some time, gravity or movement of spout/sink breaks the vacuum causing this water to come out. Many kitchen taps with long necks/spouts do this.

Sponsored Links
That could well be the case then. It sounds about right.

The only thing is, with some of the earlier spouts the water was coming out straight away. You would turn off the tap, but the water would continue to come out (at a lower rate) for a second or three.... WOuld your explanation stand for that as well?

Kind of.....!

Let me say first of all that their customer support was excellent! They just kept sending replacements out (the spout that is, not the whole thing). I think it was either number 4 or 5 which was the good one. It was a lot better than the others but not perfect. It does let out water but only very occasionally. Although not perfect I can live with that....

Seeing as the thread has been bumped, it would still be interesting to hear whether this is a commonp roblem with all taps (and if so why) or whether it was solely an issue with these Frankes.

Cheers

Thanks for that.

Just picked this up on the Franke site, don't know if water pressure is relevant or not.

Is water pressure critical when I choose a particular Franke tap?

Flow rate can be affected particularly on the hot side of traditional vented plumbing systems. We do not recommend ceramic disc taps where there is less than 4 metre head of water. For combi boiler installations check with the manufacturer.

Regards,

Benny.

We have a Franke tap that does the same and always has, more of a pain as it spits water over the granite which stains.

I put it down to the same reason as WhiteSpirit suggests, water trapped until it overcomes the surface tension. The delay is longest when the hot water has run and got the tap body very hot. I also suspect something to do with the in/outer design where the hot and cold are carried - almost as if a drop of water from the cold 'pulls' the water still sitting on the hot side.

Annoying but not the end of the world I guess :)

p.s long rambling post, sorry :oops:

Does anyone know if this problem is confined to Franke and just some or all taps in their ceramic range or perhaps to all manufactures.

I'm wondering if its an issue caused by the profile of the tap's outlet, possibly it's radius, some being more extreme than others.

Perhaps I'm just clutching at straws here but I can't believe how difficult it seems to be to find a normally functioning tap.

Regards,

Benny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back