Save the Children Charity

And, why is it that British foreign aid goes out within a couple of days of a disaster, yet the people affected by the floods in Somerset are still waiting for help seven weeks later?

It takes a while for the Rand donated from Soweto townships to filter down to those in Somerset. :p

And I'll bet that, on its way, much of it gets creamed off for personal use by MPs!

Sponsored Links
roughcaster said:
Whadya think?

What do I think? I think too many charities have lost the plot. They've forgotten what the word means. In my book it means giving some of your own money or, better still, your own time to help those less fortunate than yourself. Running a business that uses emotional blackmail to milk money out of people while creaming off a percentage for yourself is not charity. It's money-grubbing pure and simple. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have a simple rule: I never give money to any charity that tells me how much I ought to pay. But of course that's most of them these days. Even the RSPCA has descended to the depths. :( :( :( And did anybody else notice the attempts last year by some charities to put their prices up? Some who had previously charged £2 a month now wanted £3 and one exceptionally greedy organization had the cheek to ask for £5! :eek: :eek: :eek: It obviously wasn't good business because they've brought them back down since.

Maybe we need a bit more competition in the charity market. :idea: :idea: :idea: Think about it: multiple organizations trying to out-do each other on how much of our money actually gets where it's supposed to go.

"We'll send ten percent more than our competitors to comparable causes or we'll give you a voucher for the difference. :) :) :) "

and also said:
My wife donates money each month to Marie Curie cancer charity by direct debit.

Money-grubbers love direct debits because they know that most people are too lazy to cancel them - and some are hardly aware of how many they have going out each month. Easy come easy go. Not like having to put your hand in your pocket and part with real cash. I will never, ever donate to anybody by direct debit and all such begging letters go straight in the bin.

and also said:
Lately, she been getting frequent phone calls from them asking if she will increase her donation.

Why am I not surprised! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But it could have been worse. They could have put her name on a 'mug list' and sold it. :evil: :evil: :evil: Maybe they did. Does she get requests from obscure charities that she's never heard of and to whom she's never given her number? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
i dont trust many charities, even the bbc ones, but i have raised a lot of money for a charity that i have experience of seeing the funds acctually spent in. in one way i dont mind the high salaries because if you want the best you have to pay for it, i think the people who run them just for their own gains are horrible people. different people will be more attracted to giving to different causes. I prefered to raise money, but obviously i needed people who would dig deep

Just been reading about the big boss of the Save the Children charity. Believed to be Jasmine Whitbread,, she's on a salary of £234.000 per year. There are another 19 fatcats on six figure salaries at the international arm of the Save the Children charity, and another 9 fatcats on six figure salaries at the charity's UK arm. That's a huge amount of money being paid out overall to the charity chiefs. I wonder how much actually gets to the children it's meant to save? Whadya think?

you should use coma and not a full stop. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
About time the advertising agency made charities make more honest advertising.

"Ms Whitbread needs over £5,000 per week to pay for porsches, houses and foreign holidays, [black and white camera shot of her standing sad faced beside a porsche with her purse open] without this, she wont do the vital work required to give a child in africa the £2 they need to give them clean water for a week. Please donate now"

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Back