New Install-Glow worm ultracom 30cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
my old Glow warm economy 50 is on the way out and asked my engineer to fit a new boiler.
he said he will fit Gloworm ultracom 30cxi next week and says it also comes with a long 5 year warrantee if serviced every year?

i have read some bad reviews about Gloworm ultracom 30cxi but these reviews are quite old so i wonder if anything has changed?

can i please have some opinions on this boiler. is it a problem boiler as some of the reviews suggest (mostly reviews are over 2 years ago).

is the warrantee 2 years or 5 years on parts and labour?

should i stay away from this boiler? i must say the current glow warm economy 50 has done quite agood job for the past 8 years.

i currently have a water tank in the loft plus cylinder, but am having all that removed and going for this combi boiler.

thank all and please let me know your views.

Sponsored Links
Glow worm and vailliant are the same company now and the new glow worms are very decent the reason you are getting a 5 year warranty is that your installer is registered with glow worm so the standard 2 year warranty is increased to 5 years, I find group services who will cover your warranty to be excellent to deal with and as long as you register your warranty and the install is carried out correctly you should not have anything to worry about

The Ultracom 30cxi is the old version of the now named Ultracom 2 30cxi. both boilers are easy to work on and the 2 version is a very good bit of kit and in my opionion better than the equivalent Vaillent model. The controls are easier to work if you have the Climapro two control handset/timer/roomstat.
Maybe the reviews you read were for the old 30cxi which was poor in quality with door seal issues but it is miles away from Ultracom and Ultracom 2.

many thanks all

looks like not a bad boiler then... my installer though said Ultracom 30cxi and not Ultracom 2 30cxi.

can i assume that he was talking about the Ultracom 2 30cxi. i am guessing they dont make the Ultracom 30cxi (old version)any longer any any new installs will automatically be the new Ultracom 2 30cxi.?

thank you.

Sponsored Links
You can get 10 and even 15 year warranty on the boiler
if you heating engineer buys it from plumb centre if you want piece of mind. 15 year warranty!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back