Fridge thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to come to grips with ranco numbering.

My Osprey fridge has a (dead) K59 L2635. Is the L2635 relevant? Many thermostats for sale say K59 but then don't identify any other code. And some have other Lcodes. Does this matter? Can I buy any K59?

Note: none of the spares websites I've checked, or emailed, even list the Osprey.

Similarly, a friend has a Beco RC110 with icebox. Ranco seem to have a VC1 for these types of fridges. will that work?

Sponsored Links
I've now installed two new theromstats - very pleased with self!

The Osprey fridge now works fine, but the Beko does not.

Where can I find a wiring diagramme for a Beko RC110?

I re-connected the wires exactly as they were on the old stat. However the old stat had 2 wires joined together with sticky tape and inserted together into a single spade connector. I suspect this is not how the manufacturer initially installed it - must have been 'bodged' in the past.

ps - the motor worked before, just that the stat did not turn it off so everthing froze. Now it does not work at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back