wylex mcb

just checked it is 5 amp it is supplying the downstairs lights and the alarm system I have wired the alarm system to another circuit for the night

Sponsored Links
Oh, I stand corrected - Sorry.

I haven't fitted many of these but I'm sure the odd ones I have - mostly for lights - have just been bought and plugged in.

Obviously not.

Oh, I stand corrected - Sorry. I haven't fitted many of these but I'm sure the odd ones I have - mostly for lights - have just been bought and plugged in. Obviously not.
Maybe more recent ones are different - most of those I have are pretty old. In terms of what I have, B6's will certainly not fit into a 5A fuse holder 'backplate'.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Colour wise, a lower-value fuse/MCB will fit through a higher value shield. So a white MCB prongs will fit through a blue MCB shield, but not necessarily one for a fuse.
Indeed - but as I said (and illustrated) even if one could find a high-enough rated 'fuse shield' for the (narrower, albeit differently spaced) pins of a lower-rated MCB to fit through, the pins would still not reach the contacts.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back