Cost to Terminate Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

New to the forum. Looking for some advice.

I've got a cold water tank in the loft that has two pipes coming from it - one goes to the bathroom and is still in use. The other goes to the box room and used to feed an old hot water cylinder that is no longer there. It has been capped at the end but is effectively still "live".

I'm decorating the box room and need the pipe away. I'm looking for someone to cut the pipe in the loft and put an end cap on it so that I can then remove the excess piping from the box room wall. I've been quoted £80 for the job. Is that reasonable or am I being overcharged?

Cheers
Raymond

Sponsored Links
That sounds reasonable to me. After fittings, fuel, insurance, tax etc. he will prob earn £40 for the job. It may only take him a few mins to do the job but he 's given you a fair price

I'm decorating the box room and need the pipe away. I'm looking for someone to cut the pipe in the loft and put an end cap on it so that I can then remove the excess piping from the box room wall. I've been quoted £80 for the job. Is that reasonable or am I being overcharged?

What do YOU think it should be?

Edit: deleted, had a should have gone specsavers moment :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back