Wall hung basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a wall hung basin to go onto a concealing unit out to be built out from a brick wall. The unit will have a shelf covering. The pipework for the basin and the toilet will be concealed in the to be built unit. Distance from brick wall to front of the new stud section will be 20cm.

No problem with doing this except I have a wall hung basic (ceramic) and wall hung under basin drawer unit to fit. I can get a wall hung basin frame to carry the weight of the basin and build the timber frame around it but, and this is the problem, the frames are all 500mm wide which happens to be exactly the same as the frame fixing for the drawer unit i.e. i can support the sink but the sink frame will stop me mounting the frame for the drawer unit.

I could forget the frame for the sink and use heavy ply to support the sink and the drawer unit but not sure if this would be strong enough? Grateful for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Thick plywood. NEVER EVER bought a frame!! Have fitting poss 50+ wall hung basins. Proper basin bolts (fisher do the best I think).

We done a lot of new builds and VERY high end bathrooms, fitted lots of WC frames but never basin ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back