Bubbling water from shower waste after flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mornin all

Everytime I flush the toilet there is bubbling water coming from the water drain in the shower. It goes back almost straight away. I've tried using several liquid unblockers (not caustic though as previous melted pipes) and push a 5 metre snake down the toilet and also the sink (though not issue with sink as yet). Also found the manhole in the garden, has main feedseparate one from the kitchen. Kitchen feed seems fine, ran tap and could see water flow from kitchen. Theres no block that I can see there and no effluent smell when opened however could not see any water come out from the main supply when turned on bathroom taps. Also put snake up main pipe but not blockage found.

So the toilet flushes, sink not backed up and shower drains albeit a little slowly. Cant snake shower due to annoying plug/pipe join.

Is it a venting problem, should I buy a longer set of pipes and try again? I can see any of the pipework as all hidden fascias and rented property so cant just rip it apart to check. Also cant afford £90 for someone else to have a look.

Sponsored Links
neighbour just knocked on and advised that theres a drain round the other side thats overflowing, lovely toilet matter coming out. Tried to snake it but didnt seem to go around a bend. Started to drain v v v slowly so will leave for an hour before trying again so i can see the turn.

Cant see drain rods fitting down and making the turn though. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
er, sorry mate didnt mean to sound agro? geniunely just looking for help and could see from google that alot of people have been helped here with similar problems. No agro at all i swear.

Thanks for the suggestion, the drain im looking at is a small one on the others side of the bungalow (its divided into 2 flats and i rent one). it seems all my waste goes into a stack and the other flats waste into the overflowing small circular drain. i've hose most of the crud into the bushes, should grow quick this year and waiting for the drain to drain a bit more so i can try to snake it again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back