spring/touch/push latches for wardrobe doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought some ikea wardrobes and like the look of the doors without the door handles. I wanted to be able to open the doors by pushing them in a little so they spring open. The wife would absolutely love it! :D

I bought some magnetic spring latches fromB&Q but because the doors are quite heavy the springs fail to push the doors out enough to then open. Do you know where I can get good ones that have a bit of welly behind them?

Cheers

Sam

Sponsored Links
If the doors are on sprung concealed(kitchen) type hinges then try removing the springs from the hinges or change them for unsprung ones.

Jason

I'm trying to do exactly the same thing with IKEA wardrobes, how did you resolve this in the end?

Sponsored Links
In above link contain Magnetic Sprung Push Catch description . Almost all the important point include in description and product review also . It helps to those who have no knowledge about this .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back