have i got a virus ?

lor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got the start menu flashing up and blank squares flashing.it does this every few days .i have broadband from telewest including PC guard.i have done cleandisk & defrag but don't really understand computers.
thanks .r

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me like something is not right. If you are using PCGuard ensure that you have updated it to the latest Virus definitions, and then if you can undertake a full system scan, should be option to do this in the software. Never used PC Guard, but it should be like all other Virus software.

Once you have undertaken a scan with the latest updates installed, if you have a virus this should pick it up.

Ensure it is always kept upto date.

I would also recommend installing other Spyware software, should as SPYBot (Search Google), which is also useful to run along side your virus software.

Also have you got a firewall. (Software or hardware). Zonealarm is a good choice for the amateur user (again search google).

Best of luck.

sounds like you have a couple of programmes trying to start at the same time, have you tried doing a 'system restore'? if not go back to the date before the problem started, you probly done all this and think I'm a **** :LOL: what ever.

lor
after doing what incdesign says ... an if its saying no virus , have you recently updated any sound Drivers ?

try this I have heard /read a sound driver does this in conflict with some other prog

if yes in XP you can "roll back to working Driver " option in your ...
start>
settings>
Control Panel >
Sounds an Audio >
Hardware>
Properties .... there in the box it will say "Device status "
it will say if "the driver is Not working properly!"
then go
Driver ... an roll back driver ...

Hope this helps you ? :)

Sponsored Links
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLYS