Kitchen Extractor Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at fitting an extractor hood with chimney above our range cooker.

However...I'd like to utilise an already existing wall vent for the ducting, instead of breaking another hole in the wall.

This vent is approximately 2' away from where the "chimney" will hit the ceiling.

Assuming there will be internal ducting within the "chimney", will it be OK to extend and run this along the wall/ceiling and just box it in with MDF or similar, or is there chimney parts available for varying configurations...?

Dougie.

Sponsored Links
The chimney is usually just a cover, internally you fit a foil flexi hose [plastic will melt] and run to outlet, depending on layout you may be able to run to existing though if on external wall I would put a new hole out from chimney.
I needed to run to ext wall in this kitchen so boxed over the top of units, you can use mdf or plasterboard the latter being cheaper and fire resistant but a little more work to make good.

The chimney is usually just a cover, internally you fit a foil flexi hose [plastic will melt] and run to outlet, depending on layout you may be able to run to existing though if on external wall I would put a new hole out from chimney.
I needed to run to ext wall in this kitchen so boxed over the top of units, you can use mdf or plasterboard the latter being cheaper and fire resistant but a little more work to make good.

Thanks...

The vent I speak of is on an external wall, just above the far left wall unit on your pic...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back