Help finding a replacement light fitting please??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, firstly i hope i have posted this in the right place. We are looking to buy a light fitting similar to the one below, it is for an old large retro glass light shade but the fitting needs replacing. Can anyone tell me where i can get a new fitting? Or tell me what the fitting is called so i know what to google please? We do have the original glass so just need the fittingo suit, it will have to be multi-bulb fitting and a rigid metal rod (not as long though).

Please let me know if the pics i have attached have not worked.

Many thanks in advance for any help chaps!

Sponsored Links
The fitting could be rewired and new lampholders installed, I feel trying to source a unit of the same type that would be suitable for the glass shade may be troublesome.

Yes, just replace the lampholders and re-wire the fitting.

You must confirm your house wiring has an earth connection.

If so, I recommend you use brass lampholders, as they last longer, and if so you must use 3 core flex. Each brass lampholder must be earthed, and this in turn would earth the rest of the metalwork.

Brass lampholders can be a bit fiddly for the inexperienced, so don't take all of them to bits until you have connected the first one - as you may forget how to assemble them.

If it doubt, get an electrician to wire it all up for you.

Sponsored Links
I think you would struggle wiring new lampholders to that without having exposed cables,

Personally a picture of the shade would be more usual.

Its possible you could buy any pendant type fitting that uses a 10mm thread, similar to yours, and fit your parts that hold the shade on to that, either direct or with adaptors.

http://www.greatbritishlighting.co.uk
Adaptors etc are available at various places
http://www.s-lilley.co.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back